Samacheer Kalvi 10th English Prose 6 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in English uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New English Syllabus 2022 – Prose 6 The Last Lesson English Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th English Book Portion consists of 07 Units. English Book Contain 07 Prose, 07 Poem and 07 Supplementary. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th English Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th English Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard English Book Back Answers and 10th English Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th English Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th English Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check English Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th English Book Back Answers
Prose 6 – The Last Lesson
I. In column A are some of the idiomatic phrases from the essay. Match the with equivalent single words in column B:
A – B
Go far – succeed
blow up – explode
show up – reveal
call on – require
break off – finish
knuckle under – submit
II. Frame sentences of your own using the above idiomatic phrases:
1. Dilip is very talented and should go far.
2. The terrorists tried to blow up the bridge.
3. The orator showed up his learning.
4. The incident calls on immediate action.
5. Mary broke off her relations with John.
6. As pressure came from all quarters, the Chairman had to knuckle under.
III. Given below are some idiomatic phrases. Find the meaning of it asking the dictionary:
A – B
put on – walk away
come in – time out
try again – try again
1. put on (wear)
As it was her birthday she put on new clothes.
2. come in (enter)
The guests came in about midday.
3. try again ( make another attempt)
If you try again you will succeed.
4. Walk away ( leave a difficult situation)
We walked away from the theatre as it was overcrowded.
5. time out (a short period of rest during a sports game)
Our captain asked for a time out.
6. try out (put to test)
Let us try out this method.
IV. Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow:
Fill in the blanks.
(a) Festival of Light is the festival which fills our hearts with delight.
(b) The joy of giving is referred to as a festival of sacrifice.
2. What kind of joy is unfurled during the festival of sacrifice?
Ans: The joy of giving is unfurled during the festival of sacrifice.
3. How can we make our life worth living?
Ans: We can make our life worth living by celebrating these festivals well.
4. What does the poet mean by ‘Festival of flowers’?
Ans: The poet means Holi which is a festival of colours.
5. When are we in a state of trance?
Ans: When we celebrate the festival of dance we are in a state of trance.
6. What do the people do when the festival of Music is celebrated?
Ans: People sing joy yours lyric when the festival of music is celebrated.
7. What makes us happy and free, according to the poet?
Ans: According to the poet, the festival of Love makes us happy and free.
8. Find out the rhyme scheme employed in the fourth stanza.
Ans: a a
9. Pick out the rhyming words from the first stanza of the poem.
Ans: harvest / best
10. Write down the words that alliterate in the poetic lines below.
(a) Festival of Flowers
Ans: festival, flowers
(b) That spreads treasures on a tree
Ans: treasures / tree
I. Fill in the blanks appropriately:
1. Mahatma Gandhi is the father of our nation.
2. There are ten dogs in my street.
3. They try to write the exercise neatly.
4. Butter milk is good for health.
5. Fruits are good for health.
II. Fill the blanks with the appropriate verb:
1. The quality of dal is not good.
2. The horse carriage is at the door.
3. My friend and teacher has come.
4. Are your father and mother at home?
5. Honour and glory is his reward.
6. The ship with its crew is sailing well.
7. Gulliver’s Travels is an excellent story.
8. Neither food nor water is found here.
9. Mathematics is a branch of study.
10. Fifteen minutes is allowed to read the question paper.
III. Identify the non-finites in the following sentences and underline them:
E.g. Children love eating chocolates.
1. Roshan dreams of becoming an architect.
2. We must aim at fulfilling Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s dream to make India the most developed country by 2020.
3. Taking the children to the museum is Seema’s responsibility.
4. Having finished the work, the manager decided to return home.
5. Travelling with her family, Tara enjoyed every minute of it.
IV. Replace the underlined words by a participle in the following sentences:
Example: When young people wear soiled clothes on formal occasions to show rebelliousness.
Ans: Young people wear soiled clothes on formal occasions to show rebelliousness.
1. While Sudha was climbing the stairs, she tripped and fell down.
Ans: While climbing the stairs, Sudha tripped and fell down.
2. After her evening prayers, my grandmother went to the temple.
Ans: After praying in the evening, my grandmother went to the temple.
3. Since he is a king, he can order everybody.
Ans: Being a king he can order everybody.
4. They took the last wicket and walked back to the pavilion.
Ans: Taking the last wicket, they walked back to the pavilion.
5. When he saw the train in the platform he rushed.
Ans: On seeing the train in the platform he rushed.
V. Fill in the blank with the correct alternative:
1. Having played on the flue, Krishna returned it. (played/ having played)
2. We wish she continues being healthy. (being/ be)
3. The doctor advised him against wandering in the sun. (wander/ wandering)
4. I like drinking rasam. (drinking/drink)
5. Having used the scissors I returned it to her. (using/having used)
Other Important Link for 10th English Book Back Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete Samacheer Kalvi 10th Book Back Answers – 10th English Book Back Questions with Answers