Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 10 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Chemistry 10 Types Of Chemical Reactions Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 10 – Types Of Chemical Reactions
I. Choose the best answer:
1. H2(g) + Cl2(g) → 2HCl(g) is a
a) Decomposition Reaction b) Combination Reaction
c) Single Displacement Reaction d) Double Displacement Reaction
Ans : (b) Combination Reaction
2. Photolysis is a decomposition reaction caused by.
a) heat b) electricity c) light d) mechanical energy
Ans : (c) light
3. A reaction between carbon and oxygen is represented by(s) + O2(g) → CO2(g) + Heat. In which of the type(s), the above reaction can be classified?
i) Combination Reaction ii) Combustion Reaction
iii) Decomposition Reaction iv) Irreversible Reaction
a) i and ii b) i and iv c) i, ii and iii d) i, ii and iv
Ans : (d) i, ii, and iv
4. The chemical equation
Na2SO4(aq) + BaCl2(aq) → BaSO4(s)↓ + 2NaCl(aq) represents which of the following types of reaction?
a) Neutralisation b) Combustion c) Precipitation d) Single displacement
Ans : (c) Precipitation
5. Which of the following statements are correct about a chemical equilibrium?
i) It is dynamic in nature
ii) The rate of the forward and backward reactions are equal at equilibrium
iii) Irreversible reactions do not attain chemical equilibrium
iv) The concentration of reactants and products may be different
a) i, ii and iii b) i, ii and iv c) ii, iii and iv d) i, iii and iv
Ans : (b) i, ii and iv
6. A single displacement reaction is represented by
X(s) + 2HCl(aq) → XCl2(aq) + H2(g). Which of the following(s) could be X.
i) Zn ii) Ag iii) Cu iv) Mg
Choose the best pair.
a) i and ii b) ii and iii c) iii and iv d) i and iv
7. Which of the following is not an “element + element → compound” type reaction?
a) C(s) + O2(g) → CO2(g) b) 2K(s) + Br2(l) → 2KBr(s)
c) 2CO(g) + O2(g) → 2CO2(g) d) 4Fe(s) + 3O2(g) → 2Fe2O3(s)
Ans : (d) i and iv
8. Which of the following represents a precipitation
a) A(s) + B(s) → C(s) + D(s) b) A(s) + B(aq) → C(aq) + D(l)
c) A(aq) + B(aq) → C(s) + D(aq) d) A(aq) + B(s) → C(aq) + D(l)
Ans : (c) A(aq) + B(aq) → C(s) + D(aq)
09. The pH of a solution is 3. Its [OH–] concentration is
a) 1 × 10–3 M b) 3 M c) 1 × 10–11 M d) 11 M
Ans : (c) 1 × 10–11 M
10. Powdered CaCO3 reacts more rapidly than flaky CaCO3 because of.
a) large surface area b) high-pressure c) high concentration d) high temperature
Ans : (a) large surface area
II. Fill in the blanks
1. A reaction between an acid and a base is called. Ans : neutralisation reaction
2. When lithium metal is placed in hydrochloric acid, Ans: hydrogen
3. The equilibrium attained during the melting of ice is known as gas is evolved. Ans: Physical equilibrium
4. The pH of a fruit juice is 5.6. If you add slaked lime to this juice, its pH (increase/decrease) Ans: increases
5. The value of the ionic product of water at 250 C is. Ans: 1.00 × 10–14 mol2 dm–6
6. The normal pH of human blood is. Ans: 7.35 to 7.45
7. Electrolysis is a type of reaction. Ans: decomposition
8. The number of products formed in a synthesis reaction is. Ans: one
9. Chemical volcano is an example for this type of reaction. Ans: decomposition
10. The ion formed by dissolution of H+ in water is called Ans: Hydronium ion H3O+
IV. Match the following:
Identify the types of reaction :
1. NH4OH(aq) + CH3COOH(aq) → CH3COONH4(aq) + H2O(l) (a) Single Displacement
2. Zn(s) + CuSO4(aq) → ZnSO4(aq) + Cu(s) (b) Combustion
3. ZnCO3(s) + Heat Heat ZnO(s) + CO2(g) (c) Neutralisation
4. C2H4(g) + 4O2(g) → 2CO2(g) + 2H2O(g) + Heat (d) Thermal decomposition
1. NH4OH(aq) + CH3COOH(aq) →CH3COONH4(aq) + H2O(l) c. Neutralisation
2. Zn(s) + CuSO4(aq) → ZnSO4(aq) + Cu(s) a. Single Displacement
3 .ZnCO3(s) + Heat Heat ZnO(s) + CO2(g) d. Thermal decomposition
4 .C2H4(g) + 4O2(g) → 2CO2(g) + 2H2O(g) + Heat b. Combustion
IV. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. Silver metal can displace hydrogen gas from nitric acid.
Ans: False. Silver metal cannot displace hydrogen gas from Nitric acid.
2. The pH of rainwater containing dissolved gases like SO3, CO2, and NO2 will be less than 7.
4. At the equilibrium of a reversible reaction, the concentration of the reactants and the products will be equal.
5. Periodical removal of one of the products of a reversible reaction increases the yield.
6. On dipping a pH paper in a solution, it turns into yellow. Then the solution is basic.
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions