Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 11 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Chemistry 11 Carbon And Its Compounds Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 11 – Carbon And Its Compounds
I. Choose the best answer:
1. The molecular formula of an open-chain organic compound is C3H6. The class of the compound is.
a) alkane b) alkene c) alkyne d) alcohol
Ans : (b) alkene
2. The IUPAC name of an organic compound is 3-Methyl butan-1-ol. What type of compound it is?
a) Aldehyde b) Carboxylic acid c) Ketone d) Alcohol
Ans : (d) Alcohol
3. The secondary suffix used in the IUPAC nomenclature of an aldehyde is.
a) – ol b) – oic acid c) – al d) – one
Ans : (c) – al
4. Which of the following pairs can be the successive members of a homologous series?
a) C3H8 and C4H10 b) C2H2 and C2H4 c) CH4 and C3H6 d) C2H5OH and C4H8OH
Ans : (a) C3H8 and C4H10
5. C2H5OH + 3O2 → 2CO2 + 3H2O is a .
a) Reduction of ethanol b) Combustion of ethanol
c) Oxidation of ethanoic acid d) Oxidation of ethanol
Ans : (b) Combustion of ethanol
6. Rectified spirit is an aqueous solution which contains about of ethanol.
a) 95.5% b) 75.5% c) 55.5% d) 45.5%
Ans : (a) 95.5%
6. Which of the following are used as anesthetics?
a) Carboxylic acids b) Ethers c) Esters d) Aldehydes
Ans : (b) Ethers
7. TFM in soaps represents the content in soap.
a) mineral b) vitamin c) fatty acid d) carbohydrate
Ans : (c) fatty acid
8. Which of the following statements is wrong about detergents?
a) It is a sodium salt of long-chain fatty acids b) It is sodium salt of sulphonic acids
c) The ionic part in a detergent is –SO3–Na+ d) It is effective even in hard water.
Ans : (a) It is a sodium salt of long-chain fatty acids
II. Fill in the blanks:
1. An atom or a group of atoms that is responsible for the chemical characteristics of an organic compound is called. Ans: Functional group
2. The general molecular formula of alkynes is. Ans: CnH2n–2
3. In the IUPAC name, the carbon skeleton of a compound is represented by (root word/prefix/suffix). Ans: root word
4. (Saturated / Unsaturated) compounds decolourize bromine water. Ans: unsaturated
5. Dehydration of ethanol by conc. Sulphuric acid forms (ethene/ ethane). Ans: ethene
6. 100 % pure ethanol is called. Ans: absolute alcohol
7. Ethanoic acid turns litmus to. Ans: blue, red
8. The alkaline hydrolysis of fatty acids is termed as. Ans: Saponification
9. Biodegradable detergents are made of (branched / straight) chain hydrocarbons. Ans: straight
III. Match the following:
|Column I||Column II|
|1. Newton’s I law||(a) Propulsion of a rocket|
|2. Newton’s II law||(b) Stable equilibrium of a body|
|3. Newton’s III law||(c) Law of force|
|4. Law of conservation of linear momentum||(d) Flying nature of a bird|
1. (b) Stable equilibrium of a body
2. (c) Law of force
3. (d) Flying nature of a bird
4. (a) Propulsion of a rocket
IV. Assertion and Reason
Answer the following questions using the data given below:
i) A and R are correct, R explains the A.
ii) A is correct, and R is wrong.
iii) A is wrong, and R is correct.
iv) A and R are correct, R doesn’t explain A.
1. Assertion: Detergents are more effective cleansing agents than soaps in hard water.
Reason: Calcium and magnesium salts of detergents are water-soluble.
Ans : (i) A and R are correct, R explains the A
2. Assertion: Alkanes are saturated hydrocarbons.
Reason: Hydrocarbons consist of covalent bonds.
Ans : (iv) A and R are correct, R doesn’t explain A
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions