Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 14 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Biology 14 Transportation In Plants And Circulation In Animals Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 14 – Transportation In Plants And Circulation In Animals
I. Choose the best answer:
1. Active transport involves
a) Movement of molecules from lower to higher concentration
b) Expenditure of energy
c) It is an uphill task
d) All of the above
Ans : d) All of the above
2. Water that is absorbed by roots is transported to aerial parts of the plant
a) Cortex b) Epidermis c) Phloem d) Xylem
Ans : d) Xylem
3. During transpiration there is a loss of
a) Carbon dioxide b) Oxygen c) Water d) None of the above
Ans: c) Water
4. Root hairs are
a) Cortical cell b) Projection of epidermal cell
c) Unicellular d) Both b and c
Ans : d) Both b and c
5. Which of the following process requires energy?
a) Active transport b) Diffusion c) Osmosis d) All of them
Ans: a) Active transport
6. The wall of the human heart is made up of
a) Endocardium b) Epicardium c) Myocardium d) All of the above
Ans : d) All of the above
7. Which is the sequence of correct blood flow
a) Ventricle – atrium – vein – arteries b) Atrium – ventricle – veins – arteries
c) Atrium – ventricle – arteries – veins d) Ventricles – vein – atrium – arteries
Ans: c) Atrium – Ventricle – Arteries – Vein
8. A patient with blood group O was injured in an accident and has blood loss. Which blood group the doctor should effectively use for transfusion in this condition?
a) O group b) AB group c) A or B group d) All blood group
Ans : a) O group
9. ‘Heart of heart’ is called
a) SA node b) AV node c) Purkinje fibers d) Bundle of His
Ans : a) SA node
10. Which one of the following regarding blood composition is correct
a) Plasma – Blood + Lymphocytes b) Serum – Blood + Fibrinogen
c) Lymph – Plasma + RBC + WBC d) Blood – Plasma + RBC + WBC + Platelets
Ans : d) Blood – Plasma + RBC + WBC + Platelets
II. Fill in the blanks
1. involves evaporative loss of water from aerial parts. Ans : Transpiration
2. Water enters the root cell through a plasma membranes. Ans : Semi-permeable
3. Structures in roots that help to absorb water are Ans: Root hairs
4. Normal blood pressure is. Ans : 120 mm / 80 mm Hg
5. The normal human heartbeat rate is about time per minute. Ans : 72 – 75
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false):
|1. Symplastic pathway||(a) Leaf|
|2. Transpiration||(b) Plasmodesmata|
|3. Osmosis||(c) Pressure in xylem|
|4. Root Pressure||(d) Pressure gradient|
- (b) Plasmodesmata
- (a) Leaf
- (d) Pressure gradient
- (b) Pressure in xylem.
|1. Leukaemia||(a) Thrombocytes|
|2. Platelets||(b) Phagocyte|
|3. Monocytes||(c) Decrease in leucocytes|
|4. Leucopenia||(d) Blood Cancer|
|5. AB blood group||(e) Allergic condition|
|6. O blood group||(f) Inflammation|
|7. Eosinophil||(g) Absence of antigen|
|8. Neutrophils||(h) Absence of antibody|
- (d) Blood Cancer
- (a) Thrombocytes
- (b) Phagocyte
- (c) Decrease in leucocytes
- (h) Absence of antibody
- (g) Absence of antigen
- (e) Allergic condition
- (f) Inflammation.
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. The phloem is responsible for the translocation of food. Ans : True.
2. Plants lose water by the process of transpiration. Ans : True.
3. The form of sugar transported through the phloem is glucose. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: The form of sugar transported through the phloem is Sucrose.
4. In apoplastic movement the water travels through the cell’s membrane and enters the cell. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: In symplastic movement, the water travels through the cell membrane and enters the cell.
5. When guard cells lose water the stoma opens. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: When the guard cells lose water the stoma closes.
6. Initiation and stimulation of heartbeat take place by nerves. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: Initiation and stimulation of heart beat take place by Sinoatrial (SA) node.
7. All veins carry deoxygenated blood. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: All veins, except the pulmonary vein, carry deoxygenated blood.
8. WBC defends the body from bacterial and viral infection. Ans : True.
9. The closure of mitral and tricuspid valves at the start of the ventricular systole produces the first sound ‘ LUBB’.
Ans : True.
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions