Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 15 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Biology 15 Nervous System Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 15 – Nervous System
I. Choose the best answer:
1. Bipolar neurons are found in
a) retina of eye b) cerebral cortex c) embryo d) respiratory epithelium
Ans.: a) Retina of eye
2. Site for processing of vision, hearing, memory, speech, intelligence, and thought is
a) kidney b) ear c) brain d) lungs
Ans.: c) Brain
3. In a reflex action, the reflex arc is formed by
a) brain, spinal cord, muscle b) receptor, muscle, spinal cord
c) muscle, receptor, brain d) receptor, spinal cord, muscle
Ans.: d) Receptor, spinal cord, muscle
4. Dendrites transmit impulse cell body and axons transmit impulse cell body.
a) away from, away from b) towards, away from
c) towards, towards d) away from, towards
Ans.: b) Towards, away from
5. The outer most of the three cranial meninges is
a) arachnoid membrane b) piamater c) duramater d) myelin sheath
Ans.: c) Duramater
6. There are pairs of cranial nerves and pairs of spinal nerves.
a) 12, 31 b) 31, 12 c) 12, 13 d) 12, 21
Ans.: a) 12, 31
7. The neurons which carries impulse from the central nervous system to the muscle fibre.
a) afferent neurons b) association neuron c) efferent neuron d) unipolar neuron
Ans.: c) Efferent neuron
8. Which nervous band connects the two cerebral hemispheres of the brain?
a) thalamus b) hypothalamus c) corpus callosum d) pons
Ans.: c) Corpus callosum
9. Node of Ranvier is found in
a) muscles b) axons c) dendrites d) cyton
Ans.: b) axons
10. Vomiting center is located in
a) medulla oblongata b) stomach c) cerebrum d) hypothalamus
Ans.: a) Medulla oblongata
11. Nerve cells do not possess
a) neurilemma b) sarcolemma c) axon d) dendrites
Ans.: b) Sarcolemma
12. A person who met with an accident lost control of body temperature, water balance, and hunger. Which of the following part of the brain is supposed to be damaged?
a) Medulla oblongata b) cerebrum c) pons d) hypothalamus
Ans.: d) Hypothalamus
II. Fill in the blanks
1. is the longest cell in our body. Ans.: Neuron / Nerve cell
2. Impulses travel rapidly in neurons. Ans.: Myelinated
3. A change in the environment that causes an animal to react is called. Ans.: Stimulus
4. carries the impulse towards the cell body. Ans.: Dendrite
5. The two antagonistic components of the autonomic nervous system are and. Ans.: Sympathetic / Parasympathetic
6. A neuron contains all cell organelles except. Ans.: Centriole
7. maintains the constant pressure inside the cranium. Ans.: Cerebrospinal fluid
8. and increases the surface area of the cerebrum. Ans.: Gyri and Sulci
9. The part of the human brain which acts as a relay center is. Ans.: Thalamus
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. Dendrons are the longest fibers that conduct impulses away from the cell body. Ans.: False.
Correct statement: Axon is the longest fibers that conduct impulses away from the cell body.
2. Sympathetic nervous system is a part of the central nervous system. Ans.: False.
Correct statement: Sympathetic nervous system is a part of the Autonomic nervous system.
3. Hypothalamus is the thermoregulatory centre of the human body. Ans.: True.
4. Cerebrum controls the voluntary actions of our body. Ans.: False.
Correct statement: The cerebellum controls the voluntary actions of our body.
5. In the central nervous system myelinated fibers form the white matter. Ans.: True.
6. All the nerves in the body are covered and protected by meninges. Ans.: False.
Correct statement: All the nerves in the body are covered and protected by Epineurium.
7. Cerebrospinal fluid provides nutrition to the brain. Ans.: True.
8. Reflex arc allows the rapid response of the body to a stimulus. Ans.: True.
9. Pons helps in regulating respiration. Ans.: True.
IV. Match the following:
|1. Nissil’s granules||(a) Forebrain|
|2. Hypothalamus||(b) Peripheral Nervous system|
|3. Cerebellum||(c) Cyton|
|4. Schwann cell||(d) Hindbrain|
1. (c) Cyton
2. (a) Forebrain
3. (d) Hindbrain
4. (b) Peripheral Nervous system
V. Understand the assertion statement. Justify the reason given and choose the correct choice.
a) Assertion is correct and the reason is wrong.
b) Reason is correct and the assertion is wrong.
c) Both assertion and reason are correct.
d) Both assertion and reason are wrong.
1. Assertion: Cerebrospinal fluid is present throughout the central nervous system.
Reason: Cerebrospinal fluid has no such functions.
Ans: a) Assertion is correct and the reason is wrong
2. Assertion: Corpus callosum is present in the space between the dura mater and pia mater.
Reason: It serves to maintain the constant intracranial pressure.
Ans : d) Both assertion and reason are wrong
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions