Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 17 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Biology 17 Reproduction In Plants And Animals Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 17 – Reproduction In Plants And Animals
I. Choose the best answer:
1. The plant which propagates with the help of its leaves is.
a) Onion b) Neem c) Ginger d) Bryophyllum
Ans : (d) Bryophyllum
2. Asexual reproduction takes place through budding in.
a) Amoeba b) Yeast c) Plasmodium d) Bacteria
Ans : (b) Yeast
3. Syngamy results in the formation of.
a) Zoospores b) Conidia c) Zygote d) Chlamydospores
Ans : (c) Zygote
4. The essential parts of a flower are.
a) Calyx and Corolla b) Calyx and Androecium
c) Corolla and Gynoecium d) Androecium and Gynoecium
Ans : (d) Androecium and Gynoecium
5. Anemophilous flowers have.
a) Sessile stigma b) Small smooth stigma c) Colored flower d) Large feathery stigma
Ans : (d) Large feathery stigma
6. Male gametes in angiosperms are formed by the division of.
a) Generative cell b) Vegetative cell c) Microsporemother cell d) Microspore
Ans : (a) Generative cell
7. What is true of gametes?
a) They are diploid b) They give rise to gonads
c) They produce hormones d) They are formed from gonads
Ans : (d) They are formed from gonads
8. A single highly coiled tube where sperms are stored, get concentrated and mature is known as
a) Epididymis b) Vasa efferentia c) Vas deferens d) Seminiferous tubules
Ans : (a) Epididymis
9. The large elongated cells that provide nutrition to developing sperms are
a) Primary germ cells b) Sertoli cells c) Leydig cells d) Spermatogonia
Ans : (b) Sertoli cells
10. Estrogen is secreted by
a) Anterior pituitary b) Primary follicle c) Graffian follicle d) Corpus luteum
Ans : (c) Graffian follicle
11. Which one of the following is an IUCD?
a) Copper – T b) Oral pills c) Diaphragm d) Tubectomy
Ans : (a) Copper – T
II. Fill in the blanks
1. The embryo sac in a typical dicot at the time of fertilization is. Ans: 7 Celled
2. After fertilization the ovary develops. Ans: Fruit
3. Planaria reproduces asexually. Ans: Regeneration
4. Fertilization is in humans. Ans: Internal
5. The implantation of the embryo occurs at about days of fertilization. Ans: 6 – 7 days
6. is the first secretion from the mammary gland after childbirth. Ans: Colostrum
7. Prolactin is a hormone produced by. Ans: Pituitary gland
III. Match the following:
|Column I||Column II|
|1. Fission||(a) Spirogyra|
|2. Budding||(b) Amoeba|
|3. Fragmentation||(c) Yeast|
1. (b) Amoeba
2. (c) Yeast
3. (a) Spirogyra.
Match the following terms with their respective meanings.
|1. Parturition||(a) The duration between pregnancy and birth|
|2. Gestation||(b) Attachment of zygote to the endometrium|
|3. Ovulation||(c) Delivery of baby from a uterus|
|4. Implantation||(d) Release of an egg from Graafian follicle|
1. (c) Delivery of baby from a uterus
2. (a) Duration between pregnancy and birth
3. (d) Release of the egg from Graafian follicle
4. (b) Attachment of zygote to the endometrium.
IV. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. Stalk of the ovule is called a pedicle.
Ans: False. Stalk of the ovule is called funiculus.
2. Seeds are the product of asexual reproduction.
Ans: False. Seeds are the product of sexual reproduction.
3. Yeast reproduces asexually by means of multiple fission. Ans: False. Yeast reproduces asexually by means of budding.
4. The part of the pistil which serves as a receptive structure for the pollen is called a style. Ans: False. The part of the pistil which serves as a receptive structure for the pollen is called as a stigma.
5. Insect pollinated flowers are characterized by dry and smooth pollen.
Ans: False. Wind pollinated flowers are characterized by dry and smooth pollen.
6. Sex organs produce gametes which are diploid.
Ans: False. Sex organs produce gametes that are haploid.
7. LH is secreted by the posterior pituitary.
Ans: False. LH is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
8. Menstrual cycle ceases during pregnancy. Ans: True.
9. Surgical methods of contraception prevent gamete formation.
Ans: False. Surgical methods of contraception prevent gametes transportation.
10. The increased level of estrogen and progesterone is responsible for menstruation.
Ans: False. The decreased level of estrogen and progesterone is responsible for menstruation.
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions