Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 21 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Biology 21 Health And Diseases Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 21 – Health And Diseases
I. Choose the best answer:
1. Tobacco consumption is known to stimulate the secretion of adrenaline. The component causing this could be
a) Nicotine b) Tannic acid c) Curcumin d) heptin
Ans.: a) Nicotine
2. World ‘No Tobacco Day, is observed on
a) May 31 b) June 6 c) April 22 d) October 2
Ans.: a) May 31
3. Cancer cells are more easily damaged by radiations than normal cells because they are
a) Different in structure b) Non dividing
c) Starved mutation d) Undergoing rapid division
Ans.: d) Undergoing rapid division
4. Which type of cancer affects lymph nodes and spleen?
a) Carcinoma b) Sarcoma c) Leukemia d) Lymphoma
Ans.: d) Lymphoma
5. Excessive consumption of alcohol leads to
a) Loss of memory b) Cirrhosis of liver
c) State of hallucination d) Supression of brain
Ans.: b) Cirrhosis of liver
6. Coronary heart disease is due to
a) Streptococci bacteria b) Inflammation of pericardium
c) Weakening of heart valves d) Insufficient blood supply to heart muscles
Ans.: d) Insufficient blood supply to heart muscles
7. Cancer of the epithelial cells is called
a) Leukemia b) Sarcoma c) Carcinoma d) Lipoma
Ans.: c) Carcinoma
8. Metastasis is associated with
a) Malignant tumour b) Benign tumour c) Both (a) and (b) d) Crown gall tumour
Ans.: a) Malignant tumour
9. Polyphagia is a condition seen in
a) Obesity b) Diabetes mellitus c) Diabetes insipidus d) AIDS
Ans.: b) Diabetes mellitus
10. Where does alcohol effect immediately after drinking?
a) Eyes b) Auditory region c) Liver d) Central nervous system
Ans.: d) Central nervous system
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. AIDS is an epidemic disease. Ans.: True.
2. Cancer causing genes are called Oncogenes. Ans.: True.
3. Obesity is characterized by tumour formation. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Cancer is characterized by tumour formation.
4. In leukemia both WBC’s and RBC’s increase in number. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : In leukemia WBC’s increase in number.
5. Study of cause of disease is called etiology. Ans.: True.
6. AIDS is not transmitted by contact with a patient’s clothes. Ans.: True.
7. Type 2 diabetes mellitus results due to insulin deficiency. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Type 1 diabetes mellitus results due to insulin deficiency.
8. Carcinogens are cancer causing agents. Ans.: True.
9. Nicotine is narcotic drug. Ans.: True.
10. Cirrhosis is associated with brain disorder. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Cirrhosis is associated with liver disorder.
III. Expand the following abbreviations:
1. IDDM 2. HIV 3. BMI 4. AIDS 5. CHD 6. NIDDM Ans.:
1. IDDM – Type-1 Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
2. HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus
3. BMI – Body mass index
4. AIDS – Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
5. CHD – Coronary heart disease
6. NIDDM – Type-2 Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
IV. Match the following:
1. Sarcoma (a) Stomach cancer
2. Carcinoma (b) Excessive thirst
3. Polydipsia (c) Excessive hunger
4. Polyphagia (d) Lack of blood flow to heart muscle
5. Myocardial Infarction (e) Connective tissue cancer
- (e) Connective tissue cancer
- (a) Stomach cancer
- (b) Excessive thirst
- (c) Excessive hunger
- (d) Lack of blood flow to the heart muscle.
V. Fill in the blanks
1. Cirrhosis is caused in liver due to excessive use of. Ans.: Alcohol
2. A highly poisonous chemicals derived from tobacco is. Ans.: Nicotine
3. Blood cancer is called. Ans.: Leukaemia
4. Less response of a drug to a specific dose with repeated use is called. Ans.: Drug tolerance
5. Insulin resistance is a condition in diabetes mellitus. Ans.: Type 2
VI. Analogy type questions. Identify the first words their relationship and suggest a suitable word for the fourth blank.
a. Communicable: AIDS: Non communicable: . Ans: Diabetes.
b. Chemotherapy: Chemicals: Radiation therapy: Ans: Radiation.
c. Hypertension: Hypercholesterolomia: Glycosuria: Ans: Hyperglycemia
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions