Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 22 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Science Syllabus 2022 – Biology 22 Environmental Management Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Science Book Contain Physics 01- 06, Chemistry 07 – 11, Biology 12 – 22 and Visual Communications 23 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Science Book Back Answers and 10th Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Book Back Answers
Unit 22 – Environmental Management
I. Choose the best answer:
1. Deforestation leads to in rainfall. Ans.: Decrease
2. Removal of soil particles from the land is called. Ans.: Soil erosion
3. Chipko movement is initiated against. Ans.: Cutting trees / Deforestation
4. is a biosphere reserve in Tamilnadu. Ans.: Nilgiris
5. Tidal energy is type of energy. Ans.: Non-conventional / Renewable
6. Coal, petroleum, and natural gas are called fuels. Ans.: Fossil
7. is the most commonly used fuel for the production of electricity. Ans.: Coal
II. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false):
1. Biogas is a fossil fuel. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Biogas is a Bio-fuel.
2. Planting trees increases the groundwater level. Ans.: True.
3. Habitat destruction cause loss of wild life. Ans.: True.
4. Nuclear energy is a renewable energy. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Nuclear energy is a non-renewable energy.
5. Overgrazing prevents soil erosion. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Overgrazing increases soil erosion.
6. Poaching of wild animals is a legal act. Ans.: False.
Correct statement : Poaching of wild animals is a illegal act.
7. National park is a protected park. Ans.: True.
8. Wild life protection act was established in 1972. Ans.: True.
III. Match the following:
1. Soil erosion (a) energy saving
2. Bio gas (b) acid rain
3. Natural gas (c) removal of vegetation
4. Green house gas (d) renewable energy
5. CFL bulbs (e) CO2
6. Wind (f) non-renewable energy
7. Solid waste (g) lead and heavy metals
- (c) Removal of vegetation
- (d) Renewable energy
- (f) Non-renewable energy
- (e) CO2
- (a) energy saving
- (b) acid rain
- (g) Lead and heavy metals
IV. Choose the best answer:
1. Which of the following is/are a fossil fuel? i. Tar ii. Coal iii. Petroleum
a) i only b) i and ii c) ii and iii d) i, ii and iii
Ans.: d) i, ii and iii
2. What are the steps will you adopt for better waste management?
a) reduce the amount of waste formed b) reuse the waste
c) recycle the waste d) all of the above
Ans.: d) All of the above
3. The gas released from vehicles exhaust are
i. Carbon monoxide ii. Sulphur dioxide iii. Oxides of nitrogen
a) i and ii b) i and iii c) ii and iii d) i, ii and iii
Ans.: d) i, ii and iii
4. Soil erosion can be prevented by
a) deforestation b) afforestation c) over grazing d) removal of vegetation
Ans.: b) Afforestat
5. A renewable source of energy is
a) petroleum b) coal c) nuclear fuel d) trees
6. Soil erosion is more where there is
a) no rain fall b) low rainfall c) rain fall is high d) none of these
Ans.: c) rain fall is high
7. An inexhaustible resources is
a) wind power b) soil fertility c) wild life d) all of the above
Ans.: a) wind power
8. Common energy source in village is
a) electricity b) coal c) biogas d) wood and animal dung
Ans.: d) wood and animal dung
9. Greenhouse effect refers to
a) cooling of earth b) trapping of UV rays c) cultivation of plants d) warming of earth
Ans.: d) warming of earth
10. A cheap, conventional, commercial, and inexhaustible source of energy is
a) hydropower b) solar energy c) wind energy d) thermal energy
Ans.: a) hydropower
11. Global warming will cause
a) raise in level of oceans b) melting of glaciers c) sinking of islands d) all of these
Ans.: d) all of these
12. Which of the following statement is wrong with respect to wind energy
a) wind energy is a renewable energy
b) the blades of wind mill are operated with the help of electric motor
c) production of wind energy is pollution free
d) usage of wind energy can reduce the consumption of fossil fuels.
Ans.: b) the blades of wind mill are operated with the help of electric motor
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers/Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Solutions