Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science – Economics – Unit 4 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Std Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in Social Science uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New Social Science Syllabus 2022 – Economics 4 Government and Taxes Social Science Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science Book Portion consists of 27 Units. Social Science Book Contain History 10 units, Geography 07 units, Civics 05 units and Economics 05 units. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 10th Social Science Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 10th Standard Social Science Book Back Answers and 10th Social Science Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 10th Social Science Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check Social Science Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Social Science Book Back Answers
4 – Government and Taxes
I. Choose the Correct Answer:
1. The three levels of government in India are
a) Union, state, and local
b) Central, state, and village
c) Union, municipality, and panchayat
d) None of the above
Ans: a) Union, State, and Local
2. In India, taxes are including
a) Direct taxes b) Indirect taxes.
c) Both (a) and (b) d) None of these
Ans: c) Both (a) and (b)
3. Which is the role of government and development policies?
a) Defence b) Foreign policy
c) Regulate the economy d) all of above
Ans: d) All of above
4. The most common and important tax levied on an individual in India is
a) Service tax b) Excise duty.
c) Income tax d) Central sales tax
Ans: c) Income tax
5. Under which tax one nation, one uniform tax is ensured
a) Value added tax (VAT) b) Income tax
c) Goods and service tax d) Sales tax
Ans: c) Goods and Service Tax (GST)
6. Income tax was introduced in India for the first time in the year.
a) 1860 b) 1870
c) 1880 d) 1850
Ans: a) 1860
7. What are identified as causes of black money?
a) Shortage of goods b) High tax rate
c) Smuggling d) All of above
Ans: d) All of above
II. Fill in the blanks:
1. ____ is levied by the government for the development of the state‟s economy. Ans: Tax
2. The origin of the word „tax‟ is from the word. Ans: Taxation
3. The burden of the tax cannot be shifted to others. Ans: Direct
4. The Goods and Service Tax act came into effect on. Ans: 1 July 2017
5. The unaccounted money that is concealed from the tax administrator is called Ans: Black money
III. Choose the correct statement:
1. Which of the following statement is correct about GST?
(i) GST is the „one-point tax‟.
(ii) This aims to replace all direct taxes levied on goods and services by the
Central and State governments.
(iii) It will be implemented from 1 July 2017 throughout the country.
(iv) It will unified the tax structure in India.
a) (i) and (ii) are correct b) (ii), (iii) and (iv) are correct
c) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct d) All are correct
Ans: c) a, c and d are correct
VI. Match the following:
1. Income Tax – a) Value added tax
2. Excise duty – b) 1 July 2017
3. VAT – c) Smuggling
4. GST – d) Direct tax
5. Black money –e) Indirect tax
Ans: 1. d, 2. e, 3. a, 4. b, 5. C
Other Important Links for 10th Social Science Book Back Answers:
Click Here for the complete Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science Book Back Answers in English – Samacheer Kalvi 10th Social Science Book Back Questions with Answers