Samacheer Kalvi 6th Civics Term 3 Unit 2 Social Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard New Social Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 6 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 6 Civics Book Term 3 Unit 2 – Local Bodies – Rural and Urban Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 6th Std Social Book is of 1st Term consists of 08 units, 2nd Term consists of 07 units and Term 3rd consists of 10 Units. All Units/Chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and 6th New Social Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 6th Civics Term 3 Unit 2 Book Back Answers PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Book Back Unit 2 Term 3 Answers/Solutions Guide PDF:
Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
Civics – Term 3 Unit 2
Local Bodies – Rural and Urban
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. _________ is set up with several village panchayats.
(a) Panchayat Union
(b) District Panchayat
(d) Revenue village
(a) Panchayat Union
2. ……………… is National Panchayat Raj Day.
(a) January 24
(b) July 24
(c) November 24
(d) April 24
(d) April 24
3. The oldest urban local body in India is _________
4. The district has the highest number of Panchayat Unions.
5. The head of a corporation is called a_________
(c) Chair Person
II. Fill in the blanks:
- ______ is the fist state in India to introduce town Panchayat.
- The Panchayat Raj Act was enacted in the year______
- The tenure of the local body representative is______ years.
- ______ is the first municipality in Tamil Nadu.
- April 24,1992
- Walajahpet in Vellore Dt.
III. Match the following:
|1.||Grama Sabha||Executive Officer|
|2.||Panchayat Union||State Election Commission|
|3.||Town Panchayat||Block Development Officer|
|4.||Local body election||Permanent Unit|
|1.||Grama Sabha||Permanent Unit|
|2.||Panchayat Union||Block Development Officer|
|3.||Town Panchayat||Executive Officer|
|4.||Local body election||State Election Commission|
IV. Answer the following:
1. Is there any corporation in your district? Name it.
2. What is the need for local bodies?
In order to fulfil the requirements of the people and to involve them directly in governance, there is need for an effective system of local bodies.
3. What are the divisions of a rural local body?
The rural local bodies are Categorized into Village Panchayats, Panchayat Unions and District Panchayats.
4. What are the divisions of an Urban local body?
The Urban local bodies are Categorized into City Municipal Corporations, Municipalities and Town Panchayats.
5. Who are the representatives elected in a Village Panchayat?
The elected representatives of the Village Panchayat are
- Panchayat President
- Ward members
- District Panchayat Ward Councillor.
6. List out a few functions of corporations.
- Drinking-Water Supply
- Street Light
- Maintenance of Clean Environment
- Primary Health facilities
- Corporation Schools
- Birth and Death registration etc.
7. List out a few means of revenue of village Panchayats.
Revenue of Village Panchayats are
- House Tax
- Professional Tax
- Tax on shops
- Water charges
- Specific fees for property tax
- Specific fees for transfer of immovable property
- Funds from Central and State Governments, etc.
8. When are Grama Sabha meetings convened? What are the special on those days?
- The Grama Sabha meetings are Convened on January 26, May 1, August 15, and October 2.
- These days are celebrated as National festival days every year.
9. What are the special features of Panchayat Raj system?
Special features of Panchayat Raj .
- Grama Sabha
- Three tier local body governance.
- Panchayat elections
- Finance Commission
- Account and Audit, etc.
10. What is the importance of Grama Sabha?
- Grama Sabha is essential for the effective functioning of Village Panchayat.
- It enhances public participation in the planning and implementation of schemes for social benefit.