Samacheer Kalvi 6th std English Book Answers Unit 3: Spices of India
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard New English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 6 New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Answer/Solutions Guide available for English and Tamil Medium. 6th Std English Book Portion consists of Term 1, Term 2, and Term 3. All Units of 6th English Prose, Poem, and Supplementary Book Back Solutions are given below. Check Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 1 Unit 3 Supplementary PDF for Free Download.
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back for Unit 3 Spices of India general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Unit 3 Spices of India Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 1 Unit 2 Supplementary Solutions/ Answers are given below,
6th English Supplementary Book Back Solutions
Term 1 Unit – 3 Spices of India
A. Answer the following questions.
1. Why do we add spices to food?
We add spices to food to balance nutrition and to keep us healthy.
2. Which spices are used a lot in Indian food?
Spices used a lot in Indian food are cumin, mustard, pepper, cloves, fennel, cinnamon, and turmeric
3. Which parts of a plant are collected as spices?
The part of a plant like flowers, leaves, roots, bark, seeds, and bulbs are collected as spices.
4. What are the uses of spices?
The spices give the dish a special, savoury taste. It makes us want to eat more!
5. What happened after Columbus discovered America?
Trade of chillis was carried on with countries like India, the Arabs, and Romans. It was a profitable trade. A new world came into existence.
B. Choose the best option.
1. People say curry comes from a Tamil word ‘Kari’ which means _______
2. Pepper is also known as _________
(a) liquid gold
(b) black gold
(c) white gold
3. _______ wrote about cinnamon in 2700 BC (BCE).
4. The Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians all bought cinnamon from _________
(b) South America
C. compare the travel maps of Vasco da Gama and Columbus
|Sailor||Vasco da Gama||Columbus|
|Year of travel||1497 – 1499||1492-1504|
|Explored||Melinda, Mombaca||Bahamas, Cuba, La Isabella|
|Taken away||Black pepper||Chilli|
Connecting To Self
D. Leek it the table carefully. Then Complete the points below.
- The paddy plants are given manure after 35 days of watering
- The plants take 35 – 90 days in the ripening phase.
- It takes 10 days to harvest the rice.
- The rice grains have to be dried and then stored.
- We store the grains for 120 days before boiling.
E. Talk In groups, Then share your thoughts with the class.
- Do you usually eat all the food served to you? If not, what are the reasons?
- When you eat lunch at school, which are the dishes you don’t eat or waste?
- Why do you avoid certain food items?
- Can you think of ways to reduce the amount of food wasted in your school?
- Have you seen or known anyone in need of food? Have you helped them? How?
- Take a pledge in your group not to waste food.
(To be done by the students)
Steps To Success
1. Four of the following five are alike in certain ways and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(a) All others are grown above the ground, while garlic grows under the ground.
Other Important links for 6th std English Book Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th std English Term 1, Term 2, Term 3 Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Answers