Samacheer Kalvi 6th std English Book Answers Unit 1: Sports Stars
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard New English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 6 New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Answer/Solutions Guide available for English and Tamil Medium. 6th Std English Book Portion consists of Term 1, Term 2, and Term 3. All Units of 6th English Prose, Poem, and Supplementary Book Back Solutions are given below. Check Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 2 Unit 1 Prose PDF for Free Download.
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back for Unit 1 Sports Stars general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Unit 1 Sports Stars Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 2 Unit 1 Prose Solutions/ Answers are given below,
6th English Prose Book Back Solutions
Term 2 Unit – 1 Sports Stars
Read and Understand:
II. Read the questions related to the three sports stars you have read about and tick the appropriate boxes.
III. Think and answer:
1. Women/ Men can achieve anything, provided they put their heart and soul into it. Discuss in the class. Do you think being a man or a woman makes a difference?
In this world of competition, everyone can achieve success, if they put their heart and soul into their task. Every person who achieves success in life, has to work hard with dedication and determination. It’s no matter, whether they are men or women. That makes no difference. All that matters is only hard work, determination and the willingness to achieve something big. One can always leam something from another person’s story. Each one of us should believe in ourselves and follow our passion to win with devotion and dedication. Success will surely embrace us one day.
2. How can you balance your academic goals and your passion for sports or arts?
A person’s determination and readiness to cross the obstacles in life, can make him / her to balance his / her academic goals and the passion for sports or arts. P.V. Sindhu is a good example for this. Despite being busy with her training schedules and International tournaments, she managed to attend regular school until class 9, after which all her classes were through correspondence. She did balance both her passion as well as her academics and she holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (B.Com.). The other sports stars who balanced their passion for sports and academics are Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, V.V.S. Laxman, K. Srikkanth, M.S. Dhoni, Murali Vijay and Suresh Raina. All these stars excelled in Cricket. There are also others, who have excelled in the field of sports and academics. Therefore, the determination to surpass both in academics and sports and the ability in balancing both are the prime factors to achieve success in both the fields.
C. Tide the meaning of the italicised word.
1. Being compared to Sachin is an absolute privilege.
Answer: (a) Honour
2. The boy was taken by surprise when he learnt about Mithali Dorai Raj.
Answer: (c) Amazed
3. Usha Rani had to struggle all through her life.
(d) Work hard
Answer: (d) Work hard
4. Usha Rani is an expert at giving leads.
Answer: (c) Skilled
5. No opponent is too big to defeat.
Answer: (a) Competitor
D. Fit in the blanks with the opposites of the words given in brackets.
- We should learn from our _______ (success).
- Children don’t like to read _______ (interesting) books.
- Be _______ (general) when you’re telling us what you need.
- The teacher asked the children to _______ (start) talking.
- The new boss decided to _______ (appoint) the lazy workers.
E. Listen to your teacher and number the pictures accordingly.
Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is False.
- Himachal Pradesh is an ideal place for paragliding.
- Skiing offers opportunities to delve into oceans.
- Paragliding is also a recreational adventure sport.
- Scuba Diving has a huge following all over the world.
- The most suitable period for Skiing is from March to June.
- Weight Lifting
- Horse Riding
- Basket Ball
- Boat race
Describe any one of them to four partners.
1. Name of the sport.
I love to play cricket with my friends. I often watch cricket matches with my father and my brother.
2. What equipment is used to play the sport?
The equipment used for this sport are pads, chest guard, elbow guard, helmet, abdominal guard, gloves, cricket bat and cricket ball.
3. What kind of area/ground/field it is played in?
It is played on a field, where there is a rectangular 22-yard long pitch.
4. How is it played?
It is played between two teams of eleven players. Each team attempts to score runs, while the other team will defend by fielding. I enjoy playing this game whenever I get free time.
- I like to play cricket.
- I play cricket regularly with my friends.
- Cricket is an outdoor game.
- This game requires eleven players.
- The cricket sport has a bat, ball, leg pads, chest guards, elbow guards, gloves and , an abdominal guard.
- It is generally played in a ground.
- I enjoy playing this game
G. Looks at the picture awl fills in the foiante with suitable words.
- There is a playground in my school.
- The starry sky looks beautiful at night.
- The tray has fresh vegetables.
- It is a hot day.
- The girl gave her friend a pleasant smile.
H. Put the words in the correct order and rewrite each sentence.
1. They have a post-box. (Red, Small, Rectangular)
They have a small rectangular red post-box.
2. I have sticks. (Long, Two, Brown)
I have two long brown sticks.
3. Find me the brushes. (New, Five, Yellow)
Find me five new yellow brushes.
4. Mahesh is a boy. (Thin, Tall, Clever)
Mahesh is a tell thin clever boy.
5. It is a plate. (Round, Pink, Small)
It is a small round pink plate.
1. Imagine that you are the School Pupil Leader, Write a formal letter inviting the chief, guest for the school’s Annual Day. Give details of the time and place of the event.
Ravi Teja, School Pupil Leader,
R. R. K. Hr. Sec. School,
No. 610, Ram Ngar,
Villivakkam, Chennai – 600 038.
November 15th 2018.
Mrs. G. Shoba Ranganathan
(Retired Police Officer)
3A, First Main Road,
Adyar, Chennai – 600 020.
I am writing this letter on behalf of R.R. K. Hr. Sec. School. Our school is going to conduct its Annual Day on 10th of November. In this connection, we cordially invite you to our 23rd Annual Day to be as the chief guest and to address the gathering. We are sure the students will benefit from your ideas and words. We will be privileged to have you in our school on this special day.
We look forward to receiving your acceptance.
School Pupil Leader
2. Imagine that you are the sports captain of your school. Write a formal letter to the sports captain of another school inviting her/ his team for a friendly match. You may choose any sport. Give details of time and place.
V. Raghav, Sports Captain,
Aditya Senior Secondary School,
Kolathur, Chennai – 600 099.
24th October 2018.
Master Ravi Varma,
VRC Higher Secondary School,
Chennai – 600 053.
I am writing this letter on behalf of my school ‘Aditya Senior Secondary School’ at Kolathur. I am the sports captain of this school. Our school is going to conduct a friendly match on 27th October 2018 in our school premises. As the sports captain of my school, I would like to invite your school team for a friendly basketball match on 27th October 2018 at 10 a.m. Tea and Lunch will be provided to all the students and the teachers, who accompany them.
We look forward to receiving your acceptance.
School Sports Captain
K. Make a diary entry on the impact of a sports personality who is an inspiration to you.
Date : 22nd October, 20xx.
Day & Time : Sunday, 8.00 p.m.
Today I read the biography of P.V. Sindhu, the Badminton player. She was one of the two Indian badminton players to ever win a silver friedai in 2017 Olympics. I have watched her playing Badminton with my family members. Now after reading her biography, I am inspired by her hard work and dedication. Despite of her busy training schedules, she managed to attend regular school until class 9. After that, she did her studies through correspondence and now she holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (B.Com.). How well has she balanced her passion to play Badminton, as well as her academics! Really very great! She has become my role model and I will strive to become a sports star like her and also excel in my academics.
Other Important links for 6th std English Book Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th std English Term 1, Term 2, Term 3 Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Answers