Samacheer Kalvi 6th std English Book Answers Term 3: Play
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard New English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 6 New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Answer/Solutions Guide available for English and Tamil Medium. 6th Std English Book Portion consists of Term 1, Term 2, and Term 3. All Units of 6th English Prose, Poem, and Supplementary Book Back Solutions are given below. Check Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 3 Play PDF for Free Download.
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back for Term 3 Play general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Term 3 Play Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 3 Play Solutions/ Answers are given below,
6th English Book Back Solutions
Term 3 Play
Listen to your teacher read a description of the character from the story. Identify the character based on your understanding and write the name in the space provided. Number the characters in sequence as they appear in the story.
Imagine you are Mowgli. Which animal would you befriend? What kind of adventure would you like in the forest? Make use of the hints below to talk about it.
- Hi, I’m Mowgli, The only human being living in the jungle.
- I have been raised by a pack of wolves, in an Indian forest.
- I go and hunt with my friends for food.
- My close buddy is a bear.
- His name is Baloo.
- He / She guides and accompanies me wherever I go. He comes along with me while I play, hunt and search for food.
- We enjoy loitering in the jungle by going hand in hand all the way.
- The jungle where we live is cool and pleasant.
- On the whole, I am lucky to stay here with my friends and well-wishers.
Read scene I of the play carefully and answer the questions below.
1. list the characters that appear in the scene. What human characteristics do they exhibit?
The characters that appear in the scene are Tabaqui, (the Jackal), Mother Wolf and Father Wolf. The human characteristics exhibited by these characters are :
- Father Wolf – responsible
- Mother Wolf – protective of her cubs
- Tabaqui – spiteful and cunning
2. The scene is set inside a thick forest and it is nearing dusk. Relate this time frame with the behaviour of the animals in the forest.
Father Wolf takes a rest in the daytime and gets ready for his hunt. Mother Wolf protects her cubs by dropping them into the mouth of the cave. Tabaqui also hunts for food at that hour of the day. But he is spiteful and cunning.
3. Did Dkllhbaqui receive a warm welcome from the pack of wolves? How do you know?
No. Tabaqui did not receive a warm welcome from the pack of wolves, as they were uncomfortable.
4. Tabaqui acts as _____ to the pack of wolves.
(a) a guard
(b) a friend
(c) a messenger
(d) an enemy
Answer: (c) a messenger
5. Whom does Mother Wolf talk about? How does she describe him?
Mother Wolf talked about Shere Khan. She said that Shere Khan’s mother called him Lungri (the Lame One), as he had been lame in one foot from his birth. That is why he had only killed cattle. As the villagers of Waingunga were angry with him, he had come to Seeonee Hills to make their villagers angry.
6. Who is about to go on a hunt? Do the wolves panicon his arrival? Explain.
Shere Khan is about to go on a hunt. The wolves did not panic on his arrival, and they were brave enough to confront him and set him on fire.
7. Match the following
|a.||Father Wolf||(i) with a grey nose…feeds her four cubs|
|b.||Tabaqui||(ii) the big one from Waingunga River with a lame foot|
|c.||Mother Wolf||(iii) the chief of the Wolves|
|d.||Shere Khan||(iv) begs for meat and thanks for the meal / warns the wolves about the arrival of Shere Khan|
Imagine a conversation among your friends about the four characters in the play Tabaqui, Shere Khan, Mother Wolf and Father Wolf. Use the hints to write it.
- The character’s entry in the play.
- Compare and contrast their character traits.
- The reaction of the characters on seeing the man cub.
In scene one, Mother Wolf and Father Wolf enter. Father Wolf gets ready to hunt and Mother Wolf takes protective measures by dropping the cubs into the mouth of the cave. Tabaqui, the Jackal enters from the downhill towards Father Wolf and asks for a meal. It flatters the cubs of the Wolf and warns everyone about Shere Khan, who is going to hunt among those hills for the next moon.
Father Wolf gets angry on hearing about Shere Khan and his hunt among the hills. But Mother Wolf speaks quietly and tells all what she knows about Shere Khan. Tabaqui, who comes there as a messenger to inform about the hunt of Shere Khan, goes away quietly.
Among the bushes, they see a man-cub-holding on a low branch. Mother Wolf gets excited to have him in their midst. She thinks of rearing him along with her cubs, though Father Wolf was a bit hesitant. Shere Khan and Tabaqui come in search of the baby. They see that the man-cub had gone into the mouth of the cave and asks Father Wolf to give the baby to them. But Father Wolf sternly says that the man-cub belonged to them. When Shere Khan roars angrily at this, Mother Wolf springs forward, facing Shere Khan bravely. She says that the man-cub is hers. He shall live to run and hunt with the pack. In the end, he will hunt Shere Khan. So Shere Khan backs out growling that the man-cub will come to him one day.
I. Read the situation given. Write the response of the subject in a sentence. Tick the correct box to identify the kind of sentences.
D – Declarative; In – interrogative; E – Exclamatory; Im – Imperative
II. Look at the pictures given below. Arrange the jumbled words into a sentence. Write the sequence of the sentences according to the pictures in the blanks given. Pick the adjectives from the sentences and write them below the picture.
- order/a yummy, round and big cake/her parents
- her/a wonderful doll/present/Madhu’s friends/with
- which falls on Sunday/for her birthday celebration/ Madhu/her close friends/invites
- welcome/she and her parents/with a broad smile/their/ guests
- enjoyed the day/felt/happy and/Madhu and her parents
- the house with colourful balloons/her parents/to decorate/and attractive cartoon
- pink/Madhu/frock/wears/on her/birthday/a long.
- Madhu invites her close friends for her birthday celebration which falls on Sunday.
- Her parents decorate the house with colourful balloons and attractive cartoon.
- Her parents order a yummy, round and big cake.
- Madhu wears a long, pink frock on her birthday.
- She and her parents welcome their guests with a broad smile.
- Madhu’s friends present her with a wonder full doll.
- Madhu and her parents felt happ and enjoyed the day.
- We prefer playing kabaddi and table tennis usually.
- We love watching cricket and squash often.
- I hate watching kho-kho and fencing daily.
- I love coaching hockey or table-tennis generally.
- I wish playing basketball and chess often.
- They dislike watching football and fencing sometimes.
- We enjoy playing badminton or table-tennis everyday.
- They like watching tennis or squash occasionally.
- Samritha enjoys watching kabaddi and chess often.
- Kavish likes playing badminton and table-tennis rarely.
- Samritha prefers watching kho-kho or fencing daily.
- Kavish hates coaching basketball or squash sometimes.
IV. Head the sentence, insert appropriate articles In the blanks, and circle the noun phrase.
1. Sujatha is reading _______ interesting story in the library.
Sujatha is reading an ( interesting story in the library.
2. Vishal drew _______ wonderful picture on the board yesterday.
Vishal drew a (wonderful picture) on the board yesterday.
3. Srinath and Sandhya were bored at ________ awful concert.
Srinath and Sandhya were bored at an (awful concert)
4. Purvaja ate _______ salad of raw ve etables for dinner.
Purvaja ate a salad of (raw vegetables) for dinner.
5. Suresh was astonished to see _______ huge statue.
Suresh was astonished to see the (huge statue)
6. The child was playing with _______ yellow balloon.
The child was playing with a (Yellow balloon)
V. Complete the dialogue by using suitable adjectives in the blanks:
Sinduja: Hi! Venkat. Hope you received the message about our school’s sports day.
Venkat: Hmmm ..! Yes… I was the first one to enroll my name in the events.
Sinduja: So, tell me for how many events have you enrolled?
Venkat: I have enrolled myself only in a few events.
Sinduja: What are they?
Venkat: As I am tall, I have given my name for long jump and running events.
Sinduja: That’s excellent to hear.
Venkat: What about you, Sinduja?
Sinduja: I have decided to participate in all the events.
Venkat: Hey!! That’s good. Expecting the best from you.
Sinduja: Thank you so much Venkat. Wish you the same. Let’s rock.
Read the story given below and follow the instructions to convert it into a play.
Title: Goldilocks and the three bears
- A little girl named Goldilocks
- Papa bear
- Mama bear
- Baby bear
Scene – I
Narrator : A little girl named Goldilocks went for a walk in the forest. On her way, she came upon a house. She knocked at the door, but no one answered. So she walked right in. She found three bowls of porridge in the kitchen.
Goldilocks : I’m very hungry. Let me taste this porridge from the first bowl.
Narrator : She tasted the porridge from the first bowl.
Goldilocks : ‘Ouch! This porridge is too hot! ’
Narrator : She tasted the porridge from the second bowl.
Goldilocks : This porridge is too cold.
Narrator : She tasted the last bowl of porridge.
Goldilocks : Ahhh, this porridge is just right.
Narrator : She ate it all up happily. She was feeling a little tired. So she walked into the living room where she saw three chairs. She sat in the first chair to rest her feet.
Goldilocks : This chair is too big.
Narrator : She sat in the second chair.
Goldilocks : This chair is too big too!
Narrator : She whined and tried the last smallest chair.
Goldilocks : Ahhh, this chair is just right.
Narrator : But just as she settled down into the chair to rest, it broke into pieces.
Scene – II
Narrator : Goldilocks was very tired by this time. So she went upstairs to the bedroom.She tried all the beds and as the two beds were hard, she choose the smaller bed, which was soft. She laid down on it and at last, she fell asleep. As she was sleeping, the three bears, who lived in that house, came home.
Papa bear : Someone’s been eating my porridge.
Mama bear : Yes, someone had tasted my porridge.
Baby bear : Someone had eaten all my porridge.
Papa bear : Someone’s been sitting in my chair.
Mama bear : Someone’s been sitting in my chair too.
Baby bear : Someone’s been Sitting in my chair and they’ve broken it all to pieces.
Narrator : They decided to look around some more and when they got upstairs to the
bedroom, Papa bear growled.
Papa bear : Someone’s been sleeping in my bed.
Mama bear : Someone has been sleeping in my bed too.
Baby bear : Someone is still sleeping on my bed.
Narrator : Just then Goldilocks woke up and saw the three bears. She screamed.
Goldilocks : Help! Help!
She jumped up and ran out of the room. She ran down the stairs, opened the door and ran away into the forest. And she never returned to the home of the three bears.
Other Important links for 6th std English Book Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th std English Term 1, Term 2, Term 3 Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Answers