Samacheer Kalvi 6th History Term 3 Unit 1 Social Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard New Social Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 6 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 6 History Book Term 3 Unit 1 – Society and Culture in Ancient Tamizhagam: The Sangam Age Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 6th Std Social Book is of 1st Term consists of 08 units, 2nd Term consists of 07 units and Term 3rd consists of 10 Units. All Units/Chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and 6th New Social Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 6th History Term 3 Unit 1 Book Back Answers PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Book Back Unit 1 Term 3 Answers/Solutions Guide PDF:
Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
History – Term 3 Unit 1
Society and Culture in Ancient Tamizhagam: The Sangam Age
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Pattini cult in Tamil Nadu was introduced by
(a) Pandyan Neducheliyan
(b) Cheran Senguttuvan
(c) Ilango Adigal
Answer: (b) Cheran Senguttovanj
2. Which dynasty was not in power during the Sangam Age?
Answer: (c) Pallavas
3. The rule of Pandyas was followed by
Answer: (c) Kalabhras
4. The lowest unit of administration during the Sangam Age was ……………..
Answer: (c) Ur
5. What was the occupation of the inhabitants of the Kurinji region?
(b) Cattle rearing
(c) Hunting and gathering
Answer: (c) Hunting and gathering
II. Read the Statement and tick the appropriate answer :
1. Assertion (A) :The assembly of the poets was known as Sangam.
Reason (R) :Tamil was the language of Sangam literature,
a. Both A and R are true. R is the correct explanation of A.
Both A and R are true. R is not the correct explanation of A.
A is true but R is false.
Both A and R is not true.
Answer: (b) Both A and R are true. R is not the correct explanation of A.
2. Which of the following statements are not true?
(b) The Pathitrupathu provides information about Chera Kings.
(c) The earliest literature of the Sangam age was written mostly in the form of prose,
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 only
Answer: (b) 1 and 3 only
3. The ascending order of the administrative division in the ancient Tamizhagam was
a. Ur < Nadu < Kurram < Mandalam
b. Ur < Kurram < Nadu < Mandalam
c. Ur < Mandalam < Kurram < Nadu
d. Nadu < Kurram < Mandalam < Ur
Answer: b Ur < Kurram < Nadu < Mandalam
4. Match the following dynasties with the Royal Insignia
Chera – 1. Fish
Chola – 2. Tiger
Pandya – 3. Bow and arrow
A. 3 2 1
B. 1 2 3
C. 3 1 2
D. 2 1 3
Answer: A. 3 2 1
III. Fill in the blanks :
- The battle of Venni was won by ___________
- The earliest Tamil grammar work of the Sangam period was ___________
- ___________ built Kallanai across the river Kaveri.
- The chief of the army was known as ___________
- Land revenue was called ___________
IV. True or False :
- The singing bards of the Sangam age were called Irular.
- Caste system developed during the Sangam period.
- Kizhar was the village chief.
- Puhar was the general term for city.
- Coastal region was called Marudham
V. Match the following:
- Thennar – i Cheras
- Vanavar – ii Cholas
- Senni – iii Velir
- Adiyaman – iv Pandyas
- – iv
- – i
- – ii
- – iii
VI. Answer in one or two sentences:
1. Name any two literacy sources to reconstruct the history of ancient Tamizhagam.
Tholkappiyam, Ettuthogai and Patthupattu are some of the literary sources to reconstruct the history of ancient Tamizhagam.
2. What was Natukkal or Virakkal?
Answer: In anciant Tamizhagam, the stones erected to commemorate the heroes who died in the battle field are called Natukal (Veerakkal)
3. Name five thinais mentioned in the Sangam literature.
The five thinais mentioned in the Sangam literature are
4. Name any two archaeological sites related to the Sangam period.
5. Name the seven patrons (KadaiyeluVallalgal).
The seven patrons were
6. Name any three Tamil poetic works of Kalabhra period.
- Tamil Navalar Charithai
VII. Answer the following :
1. Discuss the status of women in the Sangam Society.
- There was no restriction for women in social life.
- There were learned and wise women.
- Forty women poets had lived and left behind their valuable works.
- Marriage was a matter of self-choice.
- However, Chastity (Karpu) was considered the highest virtue of women.
- Sons and daughters had equal shares in their parent’s property.
- Women poets of Sangam Age were Arraiyar, Velliveethiyar, Kakkaipadiniyar, AathiManthiyar, Ponmudiyar.