Samacheer Kalvi 7th Geography Term 3 Unit 2 Social Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Standard New Social Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 7 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 7 Geography Book Term 3 Unit 2 – Map Reading Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 7th Std Social Book is of 1st Term consists of 10 units, 2nd Term consists of 7 units and Term 3rd consists of 10 Units. All Units/Chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and 7th New Social Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 7th Geography Term 3 Unit 2 Book Back Answers PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Social Book Back Unit 2 Term 3 Answers/Solutions Guide PDF:
Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
Geography – Term 3 Unit 2
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. The science of map making is called ___________
(d) Physical Geography
Answer: (b) Cartography
2. North, South, East, and West are four directions are called as
Answer: (a) Cardinal
3. Cultural maps are those which shows the ___________features
Answer: (b) Man-made
II. Fill in the blanks:
- ______ is an essential tool of a geographer.
- The directions in between the cardinal directions are the inter mediate
- ______ in a map which explains the different colours and symbols used in it.
- Cadastral maps are known as _______
- Small scale maps are helpful to us to show large areas like ______ and ______
- Village and town maps
- continents, countries
III. Circle the Odd one:
1. North East, Scale, North West and East.
North East, (Scale) North West and East.
2. White, Snow, High land, and Plains.
White, Snow, High land, and (Plains)
3. Relief map, Soil map, Physical map and Atlas.
Relief map, Soil map, Physical map and (Atlas)
4. Weather Forecasting, Climate, Rainfall and Temperature.
Weather Forecasting,(Climate) Rainfall and Temperature.
IV. Match the following:
|Upper right corner||–||Density and growth|
|Key (or) legend||–||District (or) town|
|Large Scale map||–||Natural relief features|
|Physical map||–||Colours and Symbols|
|Population map||–||‘N’ letter|
|Upper right corner||–||‘N’ letter|
|Key (or) legend||–||Colours and Symbols|
|Large Scale map||–||District (or) town|
|Physical map||–||Natural relief features|
|Population map||–||Density and growth|
V. Examine the Following Statements:
1. An Atlas is a bound volume of different types of maps.
2. Atlas maps are drawn on smaller scale.
3. Insignificant details are omitted
(a) 1 and 3 are correct
(b) 2 and 3 are correct
(c) 1 and 2 are correct
(d) 1,2 and 3 are correct
Answer: (d) 1, 2 and 3 are correct
2. Statement I: Globe is a three dimensional model of the Earth.
Statement II: It is easy to handle and to carry, as it can be rolled up or folded.
(a) Statement I is correct and II is wrong.
(b) Statement I is wrong and II is correct.
(c) Both the statements are correct.
(d) Both the statements are wrong.
Answer: (a) Statement I is correct and II is wrong
VI. Name the following:
1. Representing the earth on a flat surface.
2. Ratio between the distance on a map and distance on the ground.
3. Symbols which help to show roadways and railways.
4. A book which contains different kinds of maps.
5. A map which shows administration divisions.
Answer: Political map
VII. Answer the following:
1. What is a map?
- A map is an essential tool of a geographer.
- Map is a representation of the earth as a whole or a part of the earth drawn on a flat surface according to a given scale.
- It can show continents, countries, cities and even a local area are drawn with specific details.
2. What is cartography?
The science of map-making is called cartography (carte means ‘map’ and graphic means ‘drawing’).One who draws maps is called a Cartographer.
3. What are cardinal directions?
- The cardinal direction are North, South, East and West.
- A legend (or) key of a map explain the details in the map.
4. What is an Atlas?
- Atlas is a collection of maps in a book.
- Atlas maps are small-scale maps covering large areas like continents and countries.
- Only prominent relief features, main roads and railways important towns are shown in Atlas maps.
- The study of geographic characteristics of a large area is possible at the time with the help of an atlas.
5. Name the types of Atlas.
- School Atlas
- Advanced Atlas
- Regional Atlas
- National Atlas
6. What are the uses of maps?
Uses of Maps:
- Maps enable us to know details of the landforms and other ground features without seeing the area.
- Maps are of immense importance to the military personnel for planning campaigns.
- It is used in the aero planes to reach their destinations and the ships to sail safely in the oceans.
- Maps are used for weather forecasting and agricultural operations.
- We can study and interpret the future possibilities of soil erosion, settlement patterns, drainage patterns, land utilization, etc.,
Other Important Links for 7th Std Social Science Book Back Answers:
Click Here to download the Complete Samacheer Kalvi 7th Social Book Back Answers in English – 7th Social Book Back Answers