Samacheer Kalvi 7th History Term 3 Unit 2 Social Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Standard New Social Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 7 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 7 History Book Term 3 Unit 2 – Art and Architecture of Tamil Nadu Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 7th Std Social Book is of 1st Term consists of 10 units, 2nd Term consists of 7 units and Term 3rd consists of 10 Units. All Units/Chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and 7th New Social Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 7th History Term 3 Unit 2 Book Back Answers PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Social Book Back Unit 2 Term 3 Answers/Solutions Guide PDF:
Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
History – Term 3 Unit 2
Art and Architecture of Tamil Nadu
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Which is the oldest structural temple in south India?
(a) Shore Temple
(c) Kailasanatha Temple
(d) Vaikuntha Perumal Temple
Answer: (a) Shore Temple
2. In which year were the Mamallapuram monuments and temples notified as a UNESCO world Heritage site?
Answer: (d) 1984
3. What was the special feature of the architecture of early Chola period?
Answer: (b) vimanas
4. Where is the Azhakiya Nambi Temple situated?
Answer: (a) Tirukkurungudi
5. Who built the Vaikuntha Perumal Temple?
Answer: (b) Narasimhavarman
II. Fill in the Blanks:
- _______ was the first rock-cut cave temple built by the Pallava king Mahendravarman.
- The early Chola architecture followed the style of _______
- The most celebrated mandapam in Madurai Meenakshiamman temple is the _______
- Later Chola period was known for beautiful _______
- Vijayanagar periods unique feature is the _______
- Mandagapattu temple
- Sembian Mahadevi
III. Match the following:
|Adinatha Temple||–||Shore temple|
|Seven Pagodas||–||Shore temple|
|Adinatha Temple||–||Azhwar Tirunagari|
IV. Find out the wrong pair/pairs:
1. Krishnapuram Temple – Tirunelveli
2. Kudalazhagar Temple – Azhwar Tirunagari
3. Sethupathis – Feudatories of Madurai Nayaks
4. Jalagandeshwara temple – Vellore
Answer: 2. Kudalazhagar Temple – Azhwar Tirunagari
Assertion (A): The predominance of corridors of Rameswaram Temple is striking.
Reason (R): The Temple has the largest set of corridors in the world.
(a) R is not the correct explanation of A
(b) R is the correct explanation of A
(c) A is correct but R is wrong
(d) Both A and R are wrong
Answer: (b) R is the correct explanation of A
Question 3. Find the odd one out:
Srivilliputhur, Azhaharkoil, Srirangam, Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai.
Question 4. Name the epoch of the following:
(a) A.D. 600 to 850 – The Pallava Epoch
(b) A.D. 850 to 1100 – Early Chola Epoch
(c) A.D. 1100 to 1350 – Later Chola Epoch
(d) A.D. 1350 to 1600 – Vijayanagara / Nayak Epoch
Question 5. Find out the correct statement/s:
1) The Arjunas Penance is carved out of a granite boulder.
2) Meenakshi Amman temple in Madurai represents Pallava’s architectural style.
3) The cave temple at Pillayarpatti is a contribution of Later Pandyas.
4) The Sethupathis as feudatories of Madurai Nayaks contributed to Madurai Meenakshiamman Temple.
(1) The Arjuna’s Penance is carved out of a granite boulder
(3) The cave temple at Pillayarpatti is a contribution of Later Pandyas
V. State true or false:
- Rajasimha built the Kanchi Kailasanatha temple.
- Early Pandyas were the contemporaries of Later Cholas.
- Rock-cut and structural temples are significant parts of the Pandya architecture.
- Brihadeeshwara temple was built by Rajendra Chola.
- Vijayanagar and Nayak paintings are seen at temple at Dadapuram.
VI. Give short answers:
1. Write a note on Pancha Pandava Rathas.
- The Tamil Dravida tradition is exemplified by rock-cut monuments such as Pancha Pandava Rathas, namely Draupadi ratha, Dharmaraja ratha, Bheema ratha, Arjuna ratha and Nagula- Sahadeva ratha.
- The outer walls of the rathas, especially of Arjuna, Bhima and Dharmaraja, are decorated with niches and motifs.
- The niches have the sculptures of gods, goddesses, monarchs and scenes from mythology.
2. Throw light on the paintings of Sittanavasal.
- Caves at Sittanavasal, have outstanding early Pandya paintings.
- Sittanavasal was a residential cave of the Jain monks. They painted the walls with fresco painting.
- The lotus pond is notable for its excellent execution of colours and exposition of the scene.
- The image of lotus flowers, leaves spread all over the pond, animals, elephants, buffalos, swans and a man who plucks the flowers look brilliant.
3. Point out the special features of Thanjavur Big temple.
- At the time the Big Temple of Thanjavur was constructed, it was a huge temple complex.
- The 216 feet vimana (structure over the garbhagriha) is notable as it is one among the tallest man-made shikaras of the world.
- Due to its massive height, the shikara is called the Dakshina Meru.
- The huge bull statue (Nandi) measures about 16 feet long and 13 feet height and is carved out of a single rock.
4. Highlight the striking features of Rameswaram Temple.
- In the temple of Rameswaram, the predominance of corridors is striking.
- This temple has the longest set of corridors in the world. The temple has three sets of corridors.
- The outer set of the temples corridors has a height of almost 7 metres and stretches for about 120 metres in both the eastern and western directions.
- The outer corridor is also remarkable for the number of pillars that support it, which is over 1200 in number.
- Moreover, many of these pillars are decorated by ornate carvings.
Other Important Links for 7th Std Social Science Book Back Answers:
Click Here to download the Complete Samacheer Kalvi 7th Social Book Back Answers in English – 7th Social Book Back Answers