Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Supplementary 4 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Std English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in English uploaded and available below. 8th Standard New English Syllabus 2022 – Supplementary 4 Crossing the River English Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Portion consists of 07 Units. English Book Contain 07 Prose, 07 Poem and 07 Supplementary. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 8th English Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 8th Standard English Book Back Answers and 8th English Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 8th English Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check English Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
8th English Book Back Answers
Supplementary 4 – Crossing the River
A. Match the following.
|pundit||to cross the river easily|
|secret||to cross the river easily|
B. Fill in the blanks:
1. Pundit have many ………………. and ……………….
Ans: – disciples, admirers
2. Moti is a poor ……………….
Ans: – milkmaid
3. The milkmaid discharged her duties ………………..
Ans: – faithfully
4. Moti feels it as a ………………. to serve the great pundit.
Ans: – privilege
5. The pundit was an ………………. speaker.
Ans: – eloquent
6. Moti assured to give the milk at the dawn ………………..
Ans: – before sunrise
C. Answer the following:
1. What was the pundit’s discourse about?
The pundit’s discourse was about God and Truth and similar tough and complex matters.
2. Why did Moti, the milkmaid, feel happy?
The milkmaid, Moti thought it a great privilege it to serve a great pundit. So, Moti was happy.
3. What was the resolution of Moti?
Moti’s resolution was that even if the landlord failed to pay her for the milk and her labour, she would not fail in her duty.
4. Give a reason for the pundit to ask for the milk at dawn.
The pundit was under a vow for performing a certain ritual for which he needed the milk at dawn.
5. Why did Moti come late on the first day of the ritual?
She came late on the first day of the ritual because the boatman did not turn up that early even though Moti informed him of the need for her to cross the river.
6. Mention an incident that shows the naivety of Moti.
Moti believed the words of the pundit about crossing the river uttering the name of Lord Vishnu. This incident shows the naivety of Moti.
7. How did the milkmaid cross the river?
She just uttered the name of Vishnu and walked across the river.
8. What was the secret shared by pundit to milkmaid?
Jocularly, the pundit told Moti, that one could cross even the ocean of life by uttering the name of Lord Vishnu. This was the secret shared by pundit to the milkmaid.
9. How did the pundit appreciate the milkmaid? Who else did he convey his thanks for?
He appreciated the pain she had taken in getting up early, milking the cow, and delivering the milk to him at dawn. He also asked the milkmaid to convey his thanks to the boatman.
10. Why did the pundit faint at the end of the story?
Seeing Moti, the milkmaid crossing the river walking with ease the pundit almost fainted.
D. Identify the speaker:
1. “But I apply the secret?”
Ans: – Moti
2. “Tell the boatman how pleased I am with him.”
Ans: – Pundit
Other Important links for 8th English Book Back Answers:
Click here to download the complete Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Answer Guide – Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Back Answers