Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Prose 5 Book Back Questions with Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Std English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Questions with Answers PDF in English uploaded and available below. 10th Standard New English Syllabus 2022 – Prose 5 Water – The Elixir of Life English Book Back Answers available for both English and Tamil mediums. Tamil Nadu Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Book Portion consists of 07 Units. English Book Contain 07 Prose, 07 Poem and 07 Supplementary. Check Unit-wise and Full Class 9th English Book Back Answers/ Guide 2022 PDF format for Free Download for both English and Tamil Medium. Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Book back Solutions/Answers below:
English, Tamil, Maths, Social Science, and Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF on our site. Class 9th Standard English Book Back Answers and 9th English Solution guide Book Back Answers PDF. See below for the New 9th English Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Book Subject One Mark, Two Mark Guide questions and answers are available below. Check English Book Back Questions with Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
9th English Book Back Answers
Prose 5 – Water – The Elixir of Life
A. Answer the following questions briefly in one or two sentences.
1. What makes water one of the most powerful and wonderful things on earth?
Water has played a role of vast significance in shaping the course of the earth’s history. It continues to play a key role in life on the surface of our planet. Thus it makes the most powerful and wonderful things on earth.
2. How does water help in the formation of fertile lands?
The water has its power to carry slit or finely divided soil in suspension. The great tracts of land formed by slit thus deposited is evident on an examination of the soil in alluvial areas. Thus, water helps in the formation of fertile lands.
3. How does soil erosion happen and what are its main causes?
Sudden bursts of excessive heavy rain, slope of the land, removal of the natural protective coat of vegetation, the existence if ruts along which the water flows rapidly and the absence of checks to such flow are the causes of soil erosion.
4. What are some measures that are used to prevent soil erosion?
The terracing of land and construction of bunds to check the flow of water, the practice of contour cultivation, and the planting of appropriate types of vegetation are few measures to check erosion.
5. How, according to Sir C. V. Raman, can rainwater as well as the water of rivers be, prevented from going to waste?
The harnessing of our rivers must be considered and dealt with on the national line. The systematic planting of trees would check soil erosion and conserve the rainfall from flowing away to waste, according to Sir C.V. Raman.
B. Given below are some idioms related to water. Match the idioms with its meaning.
1. (d), 2. (i), 3. (f), 4. (b), 5. (j), 6. (h), 7. (a), 8. (c), 9. (g), 10. (e).
A. On the basis of the listening passage, choose the correct answer from the given options.
1. Severn Suzuki represents an organization called ECO which stands for _________.
(a) Ecological Cooperation.
(b) Environmental Coordinating Organization.
(c) Environmental Children’s Organization.
(d) Ecological Children’s Organization.
(c) Environmental Children’s Organization
2. “I am fighting for my future.” The ‘fight’ refers to her ________.
(a) fight to win an election.
(b) fight to gain a few points in share market.
(c) fight against corruption.
(d) fight against environmental pollution.
(d) fight against environmental pollution
3. Animals and fish are becoming extinct because ___________.
(a) they have no place to go.
(b) they die of diseases.
(c) their food and habitat are polluted.
(d) all the above.
(d) all the above.
4. It is evident that Severn Suzuki is concerned about all other species too as,____________.
(a) she considers them all belonging to one world.
(b) they have nobody except her to speak for.
(c) they belong to her.
(d) they are all children.
(a) she considers them all belonging to one world
5. Severn Suzuki condemns the people of her country for ____________.
(a) contributing large amounts of waste and not sharing the excess with the needy.
(b) being afraid of the poor.
(c) being angry with the poor belonging to other countries.
(d) being wealthy.
(a) contributing large amounts of waste and not sharing the excess with the needy
6. Which of the following statements is not true? __________________.
(a) Canada is a rich country and people have in plenty.
(b) Canadian children are privileged.
(c) A Brazilian child was willing to share because she was rich.
(d) Northern countries will not share with the needy
(c) Canada is a rich country and people have in plenty
B. Answer the following questions briefly.
1. What is the humble request of the twelve- year -old to the elders?
She requests adults to change their ways and save nature for the future.
2. The dream of Severn Suzuki is
She has dreamt of seeing the great herds of wild animals, jungles and rain forests, full of birds and butterflies.
3. The fear and agony of Severn Suzuki is
We make so much waste.
4. How does she proclaim that she represents the future generation?
She calls herself as one of the children starving in Somalia or a victim of war in the Middle East or a beggar in India.
5. The duties and responsibilities of the parents are
(a) to comfort their children saying that everything will be all right.
(b) To teach children to respect others.
(c) To clean up their mess and not to hurt other creatures.
Simple present tense
A. Choose the correct form of the present tense verb from the options given.
- All children something new every day. (learn / learns / learned)
- A good student always hard, (work/works / worked)
- Engineers bridges, (build / builds / built)
- My sister is an architect. She skyscrapers. (design / designs / designed)
- The Himalayas India from the cold winds. (protect / protects / protected)
- It always here in the afternoon, (drizzle/drizzles / drizzled)
- My mother in a factory, (work/works / worked)
- Chella English very well, but she doesn’t understand Hindi. (speak / speaks / spoke)
- Cows us milk, (give / gives/ gave)
- The trains to Chennai always on time, (run / runs / ran)
Present Continuous Tense:
B. Make sentences in the present continuous tense using the verb given in brackets.
- Who is that boy _________ on the table? (stand)
- What are you _______? (do) I ________ (listen) to music.
- My brother _________ (work) in London now.
- I ________ (wait) for my mother.
- It is better not to disturb her, she ___________ (work).
- doing, am listening
- is working
- am waiting
- is working
C. What are they doing? Use the verbs below and write sentences.
eat, cry, play, read, sing, watch.
- Anu is singing.
- Peter is watching.
- Sudhan is playing.
- Velu is reading.
- Kalai is crying.
D. Look at the picture again and answer the questions.
- Is Tom reading? __________.
- Is Velu eating? _____________.
- Is Kalai dancing? _____________.
- Is Peter watching TV? _____________.
- Is Anu crying? _____________.
- No, Tom is eating
- No, Velu is reading
- No, Kalai is crying
- No, Peter is watching through a telescope
- No, Anu is singing
E. Write the -ing form of the verbs.
- Come _____________.
- Take _____________.
- Fly _____________.
- Swim _____________.
- Study _____________.
- Read _____________.
F. Write negative sentences.
- He is learning to read.
- I am having a bath.
- I’m reading a fantastic book.
- Raja is driving a new car.
- I’m looking for my bag.
- No, he isn’t learning to read.
- No, I am not having a bath.
- No, I am not reading a fantastic book.
- No, Raju isn’t driving a new car.
- No, I am not looking for my bag.
G. Write questions for the answers.
No, they aren’t singing.
Are they singing?
Yes, She is writing a new book.
Is she writing a new book
Yes, It is working.
Is it working?
No, he isn’t doing the project.
Is he doing the project?
Yes, We are planning to go.
Are we planning to go?
H. Fill in the blanks with verbs in the present continuous.
- You (listen) to the music.
- He (cry).
- I (swim) in the pool.
- Latha (wait) for her daughter.
- she (watch) TV?
- Who he (help)?
- Her father (not / cook) dinner.
- Akila Y, (not /sing) a song.
- My brother (not / do) his homework.
- your mother (work) today?
- Amutha and Praba (play) tennis.
- Amith and Ravi (not / swim) in the lake.
- are listening
- is crying
- am swimming
- is waiting
- is, watching
- is, helping
- is not cooking the
- is not singing
- is not doing
- is, working
- are playing
- are not swimming
Present Perfect Tense:
I. Make sentences in the present perfect tense using the verbs in brackets.
1. She to _______________ anybody, (never apologized, has never apologized, have never apologized)
has never apologized
2. My mother to _______________ London, (has been, being in, have been)
3. I _______________ all the plays of Shakespeare, (read, had read, have read)
4. Have you _______________ your lunch? (finish, finished, had finished)
5. _______________ he brought his bike? (Had, Has, Have)
Other Important Links for 9th English Book Back Answers:
Click here to download the complete 9th English Book Back Answers/Solutions – Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Book Back Solution Guide