Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Term 3 Unit 2 Book Back Question and Answers/Solutions:
Samacheer Kalvi Class 7th Std Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 7th Standard New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Question & Answer solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 7 New Science Book Term 3 Unit 2 – Universe and Space Answers/Solutions Guide are provided on this page. 7th Std Science Book is of 1st Term consists of 7 units, 2nd and 3rd Term consists of 6 units. All Units/Chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Science Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and 7th New Science Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. 7th Std English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Science Book Back Solutions below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Term 3 Chapter 2 Book Back Answers PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Book Back Chapter 2 Term 3 Answers/Solutions Guide PDF:
7th Science Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
7th Science – Term 3 Chapter 2
Universe and Space
I. Choose the correct answers:
1. The Moon takes ________ days to complete one revolution around the Earth.
Answer: (c) 27
2. If the Moon is appeaing in the sky today near the star Karthikai, the position of the Moon after 27 days is near the Star
Answer: (d) Asvini
3. Telescope was invented by
(a) Han Lippershey
(c) Nicolus Coppernicus
Answer: (a) Han Lippershey
4. The galaxy containing young and hot stars is
(a) elliptical galaxy
(b) irregular galaxy
(d) spiral galaxy
Answer: (d) spiral galaxy
5. With the launch of this satellite, ISRO became capable of launching 4 ton heavy satellites
(a) GSAT- 13
(b) GSAT- 14
(d) Way par GSAT-19
Answer: (d) Way par GSAT-19
II. Fill in the blanks:
- Waxing of Moon means _______
- Heliocentric model is proposed by _______
- _______ is the prevailing model of Evolution of the Universe.
- _______ is a large constellation which covers a large part of the sky.
- _______ is the first satellite launched by India
- growing or expanding
- Nicolus copernicus
- The Big Bang Theory
- Ursa Major
III. True or False – If False give the correct answer:
1. On a full Moon day, when the Sun is setting in the west, Moon rises in the West.
Correct statement: On a full Moon day, when the Sun is setting in the west, Moon rises in the East
2. The word crescent refers to the phases where the Moon is less than half illuminated.
3. Galilio accepted the Geo-centric model.
Correct statement: Galilio did nof accepted the Geo-centric model.
4. Our Milky Way galaxy is identified as an elliptical galaxy.
Correct statement: Our Milky Way galaxy is identified as an galaxy.
5. The planet Venus in our solar system doesn’t have a Moon.
IV. Match the following:
|2.||GSAT-14||GSLV Mark III D l|
|3.||GSAT-19||GSLV Mark III D1|
1. Older stars : elliptical galaxies :: younger stars : ___________
Answer: Irregular galaxies.
2. Nearest galaxy: Andromeda :: Nearest star : ___________
Answer: Alpha Centauri.
VI. Very short answer:
1. The word _______ refers to the phases where the Moon is less than half illuminated (cresent / gibbous)
2. ___________ and ___________ planets never appear in the mid-night sky.
Answer: Mercury, Venus.
3. Number of days taken by the Mars to orbit around the Sun.
Answer: 687 days.
4. In which phase does the size of the planet Venus is small?
Answer: When it was in Gibbous phase.
5. The only evidence of the big bang theory is
Answer: The only evidence of the big bang theory is a faint glow in space, called cosmic microwave background.
6. The galaxy which contains abundant amount of gas and dust is ___________ ?
Answer: Spiral galaxy.
7. Which country launched the world’s first artificial launch vehicle?
Russia launched the world’s first artificial launch vehicle.
VII. Short Answer Questions:
1. What is epicyclic model?
- To explain the puzzling phenomena astronomers in early times proposed a change in the simple geocentric model. This is called as epicycle model.
- A small circle whose centre is on the circumference of a larger circle, in ptolemic astronomy.
- It was seen as the basis of revolution of the seven plants, given a fixed central Earth.
2. Name the four different types of Galaxies.
- Spiral galaxy
- Elliptical galaxy
- Irregular galaxy
- Barred spiral galaxy
3. What is a constellation?
Answer: A constellation is a recognizable pattern of stars in the night sky when viewed from the Earth.
4. Give the expansions of PSLV and GSLV.
PSLV : Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
GSLV : Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle.
Other Important Links for the 7th Science Book Solution Guide:
Click to download the complete 7th Science Book Back Answers English Medium – Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Book Back Answers