Samacheer Kalvi 8th Science Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 8 New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Questions & Answers/solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 8 std Science Book Chapter 17 – Plant Kingdom Science Answers/Solutions Guide are uploaded on this page. 8th standard Science Book is consists of 23 Units. All 23 chapters of Science Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer kalvi 8th standard Science Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. Check and download all subjects English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check 8th Science – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 8th Science Book Back Answers Guide Chapter 17 PDF:
8th Science Book Back Chapter 17 Solutions Guide PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Science Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
8th Science Chapter – 17
Plant Kingdom – Book Back Answers
I. Choose the correct answers
1. Solanum trilobatum is the binomial name of Thoothuvalai. Here the word ‘Solanum’ refers to …………….
Answer: (b) Genus
2. …………….. is an example for colonial form of algae.
Answer: (c) Volvox
3. Floridean starch is a reserve food material of …………….
Answer: (c) Rhodophyceae
4. The edible mushroom is …………….
Answer: (b) Agaricm
5. Soil erosion is prevented by …………….. plants.
Answer: (c) Bryophytes
6. The first vascular cryptogams in land plants are …………….
Answer: (b) Pteridophytes
7. The well – developed sporophytic plant body is seen in ……………..
Answer: (c) Gymnosperms
8. Binominal Nomenclature was first introduced in the year of ……………
Answer: (d) 1623
9. Penicillin is an antibiotic, which is extracted from
Answer: (b) Fungi
II. Fill in the blanks:
- The word ‘Taxonomy’ is derived from …………….
- Binomial Nomenclature was first introduced by …………….
- The book “Genera Plantarum” was written by ……………..
- Monocotyledon seeds bear only …………….. cotyledon.
- Brown algae belongs to ……………. class.
- Agar Agar is obtained from ……………. algae.
- The reserve food material of fungi are and …………….
- The first true land plant is …………….
- Xylem and phloem are absent in ……………. plants.
- Reticulate venation is present in ……………. plants.
- Gaspard Bauhin
- Bentham and Hooker
- Glycogen, oil
III. State true or false. If false, correct the statement.
1. In polypetalae, the petals are free.
2. Binomial name should contains more than two words.
Binomial name should contain two words.
3. Artificial system of classification is based on the vegetative characters of the plant.
Artificial system of classification is based on the morphological characters of the plant.
4. Cell wall of fungi is made up of chitin.
5. Pinus is a closed seeded plant.
Pinus is a naked seeded plant.
6. All bryophytes are hydrophytes.
All bryophytes are amphibians.
7. Dicotyledons have well developed characters than the monocotyledons.
Monocotyledons have well developed characters than the dicotyledons.
8. Mosses are the well developed plant in bryophytes.
9. The dominant phase of the bryophytes is sporophytes.
The dominant phase of the bryophytes is gametophyte.
10. The dominant phase of the pteridophytes is diploid(2n).
IV. Match the following:
1. Cyanophyceae a) Green algae
2. Chlorophyceae b) Blue-green algae
3. Phaeophyceae c) Red algae
4. Rhodophyceae d) Brown algae
1. b) Blue-green algae
2. a) Green algae
3. d) Brown algae
4. c) Red algae
V. Answer the following questions shortly:
1. Define Thallus.
Thallus refers to a plant body which is not differentiated into roots, stem and leaves. Example: Algae.
2. What is mean by Binomial Nomenclature? Give example.
The naming of an organisms with two words are known as Binomial Nomenclature. For example, the binomial name of mango is Mangifera indica. Here the first word Mangifera refers to the genus name and the second word indica to the species name.
3. Write any two points of dicotyledons.
- Seed has two cotyledons.
- Plants have tap root system, leaves with reticulate venation.
- Flowers are tetramerous or pentamerous. Calyx and corolla are well differentiated.
- Pollination occurs mostly by insects.
4. Seeds of gymnosperm plants are naked. Why?
In gymnosperms, ovules are borne on megasporophylls and no flowers are produced. Therefore the seeds are described as naked. They are open seed bearing plants.
5. Write any two economic importance of fungi.
- Mushrooms contain rich protein, minerals and are edible. Example: Agaricus.
- The antibiotic penicillin is got from the fungus penicillium notatum other antibiotics like gentamycin, erythromycin are also got from fungi.
Other Important Links for the 8th Science Book Back Solutions Guide:
Click here for Samacheer Kalvi’s 8th Science Book Back Questions with Solutions – Samacheer kalvi 8th Science Book Back Answers