Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Civics Chapter 1 Answers Solutions:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. 8th standard new Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Samacheer Kalvi Class 8 Social Civics Book Chapter 1 How the State Government Works Answers/Solutions in English are provided on this page. 8th Std New Social History Book consists of 08 units, Geography Book consists of 08 units, Civics book portion consists of 07 units, Economics book portion consists of 02 units, All Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Answers/Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Samacheer Kalvi Class 8th Std Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 8th New Syllabus Book Back Solution guide free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions Guide:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th std Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and Solutions/Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Civics Chapter 1 Questions and Answers is given below.
Social Civics Book Back Solution
Chapter 1 – How the State Government Works
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. The Governor of a state is appointed by –
(b) Vice President
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Chief Minister
Answer: (a) President
2. The State Council Minsters is headed by –
(a) The Governor
(b) Chief Minister
(d) Home Minister
Answer: (b) Chief Minister
3. Who can summon and prorogue the sessions of the State legislature?
(a) Home Minister
(d) The Governor
Answer: (d) The Governor
4. Who does not participate in the appointment of the High Court Judge?
(b) Chief Minister
(c) Chief Justice of the High Court
(d) President of India
Answer: (c) Chief Justice of the High Court
5. The age of retirement of the Judges of the High Court is –
Answer: (a) 62
II. Fill in the Blanks:
- ……………… States are there in India at present.
- The tenure of the Governor is normally ……………. years.
- The District Judges are appointed by ……………..
- The Governor is the ……………. Head of the State.
- Minimum age for elections as MLA ……………. years.
- The Governor
III. Match the following:
1. Governor i.)Lower House
2. Chief Minister ii.)Nominal Head
3. Legislative Assembly iii.)Upper House
4. Legislative Council iv.)Real Head
IV. State true or false:
1. Chief Minister is the chief administrator of the State.
2. The Governor nominates two members of the Anglo – Indian Community to Legislative Assembly.
The Governor nominates one members of the Anglo- Indian Community to Legislative Assembly.
3. The number of judges in the High Courts is not uniform and fixed.
V. Choose the correct statement:
1. The State Legislative Assembly participates in the election of
(ii) Vice – President
(iii) Rajya Sabha members
(iv) Members of the Legislative Council of the State
(a) i, ii & iii are Correct
(b) i & iii are Correct
(c) i, iii & iv are correct
(d) i, ii, iii & iv are correct
(c) i, iii & iv are correct
VI. Answer the following in one or two sentences:
1. Name the two houses of the State legislature.
- Upper house – Rajya Sabha
- Lower house – Lok Sabha
2. Write the qualifications of the members of the Legislative Assembly?
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/she must be 25 years and above.
- The candidate must be of sound mind.
- He/she must be an elector for any constituency in the state he is representing from.
3. How is the Chief Minister appointed?
- The Governor appoints the leader of the majority party in the State Legislative Assembly as the Chief Minister.
- He is the head of the State Council of ministers.
4. How is the Council of Ministers formed?
- The party which gets the majority seats in the election forms the government.
- The leader of the majority party in the election is chosen as Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister chooses his ministers from the MLAs of his party.
- On the advice of the Chief Minister, the Governor appoints the other ministers.
- Council of Ministers headed by the Chief Minister from the State Government.
Other Important Links for 8th Social Science Book Answers:
Click Here to download complete Samacheer Kalvi’s 8th Social Science Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Answers