Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Geography Chapter 2 Answers Solutions:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. 8th standard new Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Samacheer Kalvi Class 8 Social Geography Book Chapter 2 Weather and Climate Answers/Solutions in English are provided on this page. 8th Std New Social History Book consists of 08 units, Geography Book consists of 08 units, Civics book portion consists of 07 units, Economics book portion consists of 02 units, All Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Answers/Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Samacheer Kalvi Class 8th Std Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 8th New Syllabus Book Back Solution guide free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions Guide:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th std Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and Solutions/Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Geography Chapter 2 Questions and Answers is given below.
Social Geography Book Back Solution
Chapter 2 – Weather and Climate
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Earth’s atmosphere contains about …………… percentage of nitrogen and oxygen.
(a) 78% and 21%
(b) 22% and 1%
(c) 21% and 0.97%
(d) 10% and 20%
Answer: (a) 78% and 21%
2. …………… is generally defined as the average conditions of the weather of a place or a region.
Answer: (c) climate
3. The earth receives energy from …………….
(b) Electro magnetic radiation
Answer: (b) Electro magnetic radiation
4. Which one the following represents places with equal amount of rainfall
Answer: (d) Isohyets
5. ………….. is used to measure the humidity.
Answer: (c) hygrometer
II. Fill in the Blanks
- ……………… refers to the condition of atmosphere for a short period of time.
- The scientific study of weather is called ………………
- The highest temperature ever recorded on the earth is …………….
- ……………. is a ratio between the actual amount of water vapour and the maximum amount of water vapour the air can hold.
- …………….. and ……………. are measured by anemometer and wind vane respectively.
- ………………. are imaginary lines which connect the same temperatures of different places.
- Relative humidity
- Wind speed, Wind direction
III. Match the following
1. Climate i.) Locating and Tracking Storms
2. Isonif ii.) Cyclone
3. Hygrometer iii.)Equal Snowfall
4. Radar iv.) Long Term Changes
5. Low Pressure v.) Humidity
IV. State whether the following statements are True or False
1. The atmosphere is a layer of gases surrounding the planet.
2. The Scientific study of weather is called Climatology.
The Scientific study of weather is called meterology.
3. Isohel refers equal sunshine.
4. Humidity is calculated by Aneroid Barometer.
Air pressure is calculated by an Aneroid Barometer.
V. Answer in brief
Weather is the day-to-day condition of the atmosphere at any place as regards sunshine, air pressure, humidity precipitation, and other elements.
2. What is insolation?
Insolation is the solar radiation that reaches the earth’s surface. The earth and its atmosphere get heated from the sun through insolation.
3. What is meant by atmospheric pressure?
The weight of air above a given area on the earth’s surface is called atmospheric pressure or air pressure.
4. Write a short note on “Planetary winds”
- Planetary Winds are the ones which blow almost in the same direction throughout the year. So, they are called Permanent or planetary winds.
- Trade winds, Westerlies, and polar easterlies are the types of prevailing winds.
5. What are “Isolines”?
- The distribution of weather elements is shown by means of Isolines on maps.
- Isolines are those which join the place of equal values.
Other Important Links for 8th Social Science Book Answers:
Click Here to download complete Samacheer Kalvi’s 8th Social Science Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Answers