Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Standard Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 9 New Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Questions & Answers/solutions available for both English and Tamil Medium. Class 9 std Science Book Term 2 Chapter 6 – Acids, Bases, and Salts Answers/Solutions Guide are uploaded on this page. In the new 9th Science syllabus Term 1, Term 2, and Term 3 are combined into a single book. The 9th standard Science Book consists of 27 Units. All 27 chapters of Term 1st, 2nd, 3rd Science Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer kalvi 9th standard Science Book Back Question and Answers Guide/Solutions PDF format for Free Download. Check and download all subjects in English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check 9th Science – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology below. See below for the Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Book Back Answers Guide Term 2 Chapter 6 PDF:
9th Science Book Back Term 2 Chapter 6 Solutions Guide PDF:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions Guide PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
9th Science Term 2 Chapter – 6
Acids, Bases, and
Salts – Book Back Answers
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Zn + 2HCI à ZnCI2 +
(H2, O2, CO2)
2. Apple contains malic Orange contains _____
(citric acid, ascorbic acid)
3. Acids in plants and animals are organic acids where as acids in rocks and minerals are
(Inorganic acids, weak acids)
4. Acids turn blue litmus paper to
(Green, Red, Orange)
5. Since metal carbonate and metal bicarbonate are basic they react with acids to give slat and water with the liberation of
(NO2, SO2, CO2)
6. PH value of human blood is
(7.0, 4, 7.6)
7. The nature of the tooth paste commonly used is in nature.
(acidic, basic, neutral)
8. You are given pure water to test the pH value using pH It shows color.
(white, black, green)
9. The hydrated salt of copper sulphate has
(Red, White, Blue)
II. Short Questions & Answers
1. Name any two metals which do not react with sodium hydroxide.
Copper and silver (Cu, Ag)
2. Write any four uses of acids
- Sulphuric acid is called king of chemicals because it is used in the preparation of many other It is used in car batteries also.
- Hydrochloric acid is used as a cleaning agent in
- Citric acid is used in the preparation of effervescent salts and as a good
- Nitric acid is used in the manufacture of fertilizers, dyes, paints and
3. Give the significance of PH of soil in agriculture.
In agriculture, the pH of soil is very important. Citrus fruits require slightly alkaline soil, while rice requires acidic soil and sugarcane requires neutral soil.
4. When does the acid rain occur?
If the atmospheric air is polluted with oxide gases of sulphur and nitrogen, they get dissolved in rainwater and make its pH less than 7. Thus, ifthe pH of rain water is less than 7, then it is called acid rain.
5. What are the uses of Plaster of Paris?
Plaster of Paris (Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate – CaSO4 .1/2 H2O)
i) It is used for plastering bones
ii) It is used for preparing moulds for
6. Two acids ‘A’ and ‘B’ are given. Acid A gives one hydrogen ion per molecule of the acid in solution. Acid B gives two hydrogen ions per molecule of the acid in solution.
i) Find out the acid A and acid B
a) HCI b) H2SO4
ii) Which acid is called the king of chemicals?
7. Define aquaregia.
The term aquaregia is a Latin phrase meaning ‘King of water’. The name reflects the ability of aquaregia to dissolve the noble metals such as gold, platinum and palladium.
8. Correct he mistakes
a) Washing soda is used for making cakes and bread soft,
Baking soda is used for making cakes and bread soft, spongy.
b) Calcium sulphate hemihydrates is used in textile
Calcium oxychloride (Bleaching powder) is used in textile industry.
9. Find the odd one
Lemon juice, Tomato juice, House hold ammonia, Coffee
Odd one: Household ammonia
10. What is neutralization reaction? Give an example.
When an acid reacts with a base it forms salt and water. This is called neutralization reaction. NaOH + HCI à NaCI + H2O
III. Answer in detail
1. Why does distilled water not conduct electricity whereas rain water does?
Pure water has no ions and it is a non conductor of electricity. Distilled water is pure. So it does not conduct electricity. Rain water has salt and impurities dissolved in it. the presence of ions in rain water with dissolved salts enables it to conduct electricity.
2. Plaster of Paris should be stored in a moisture proof container, Why?
Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate is called Plaster of Paris. As it is hygroscopic in nature it absorbs moisture. So plaster of Paris should be stored in a moisture proof container.
3. Write any four used of bases.
i) Sodium hydroxide is used in the manufacture of
ii) Calcium hydroxide is used in white washing of
iii) Magnesium hydroxide is used as a medicine for stomach
iv) Ammonium hydroxide is used to remove grease stains from
4. The solutions A,B,C,D and E when tested with universal indicator showed pH as 4, 1, 11, 7 and 9 respectively. Among these which solution is
i) neutral – 7
ii) strongly alkaline – 11
iii) Strongly acidic – 1
iv) weakly acidic – 4
v) weakly alkaline – 9
5. Write any five used of salts.
1. Common salt (NaCI)
It is sued in our daily food and it is used as a preservative.
2. Washing soda (Sodium Carbonate)
It is used in softening hard water.
3. Baking Soda ( Sodium Bicarbonate – NaHCO3)
It is used in making of baking powder which is a mixture of baking soda and tartaric acid.
4. Bleaching powder ( Calcium Oxychloride – CaOCI2)
It is used as disinfectant.
5. Plaster of Paris (Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate – CaSO4 -½ H2O)
It is used for plastering
6. Sulphuric acid is called king of chemicals. Why is it called so?
Sulphuric acid is called King of Chemicals because it is used in the preparation of many other compounds. It is used in car batteries also.
Other Important links for 9th Science Book Back Answers:
Click Here to Download Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Book Back Answers in Tamil – Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Guide Solutions