Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Civics Chapter 5 Answers Solutions:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. 9th standard new Syllabus 2022 to 2023 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Samacheer Kalvi Class 9 Social Civics Book Chapter 5 Local Self Government Answers/Solutions in English are provided on this page. 9th Std New Social History Book consists of 11 units, Geography Book consists of 8 units, Civics book portion consists of 6 units, Economics book portion consists of 5 units, All Social Science Book Back One, and Two Mark Answers/Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Samacheer Kalvi Class 9th Std Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 9th New Syllabus Book Back Solution guide free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions Guide:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th std Social History Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and Solutions/Answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Civics Chapter 5 is given below.
Social Civics Book Back Solution
Chapter 5 – Local Self Government
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. Which committee was appointed by the planning commission in 1985?
(a) Balwant Rai Mehta
(b) Ashok Mehta
(c) G V K Rao
(d) L M Singhvi
Answer: (c) G V K Rao
2. The Uthiramerur stone inscription show evidences of prevalent local self government during the period in Tamil Nadu.
Answer: (a) Chola
3. The 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendment Acts, were enacted during the year in ………
Answer: (a) 1992
4. ……. act as the inspector of Village Panchayat.
(b) District Collector
Answer: (b) District Collector
II. Fill in the blanks.
1. …….. is known as the “Father of Local Governments”.
2. Restoration of has ……. become an article of faith during our freedom struggle.
3. …… was the name of the secret ballot method exercised to elect members to the village councils during the Chola period.
4. Local Government which are functioning in the Villages are called …….
5. …… will look after the administration of the Town Panchayat.
3. Kuda Olai Murai
4. Village Panchayats
5. Executive Officer
III. Match the following:
1. Zilla Parishad – Villages
2. Gram Sabhas – Mayor
3. Ward Committees – Chairman
4. Panchayat Union – District Collector
5. Corporation – Municipalities
IV. Find out the correct statement
1. (i) Panchayat Union is formed by grouping of Districts.
(ii) District Panchayat is constituted in each village.
(iii) The Municipal Commissioner will be a person from the Indian Administration Service (IAS).
(iv) In Village Panchayat the President and ward members are nominated by the people.
(iii) is correct.
V. Answer in brief.
1. Name the taxes levied by the Village Panchayat.
- Property Tax
- Professional Tax
- House Tax
- Taxes for connection of drinking water
- Land Tax
- Taxes levied on shops
2. List out the salient features of Tamil Nadu Panchayat Raj Apt 1994.
The salient features of the new Act are as follows:
(a) A three-tier system
(b) Gram Sabha
(c) Establishment of Election Commission
(d) Constitution of Finance Commission
(e) Reservation of seats for SC/ST’s proportionate to their population One third reservation of seats for women and
(g) Constitution of District Planning Committees.
3. Mention the important functions of the Village Panchayat.
Functions of the Village Panchayat
- Supply of drinking water
- Maintenance of street lights
- Maintenance of roads.
- Maintenance of village libraries
- Maintenance of small bridges
- Granting permission to the housing plots
- Maintenance of drainage
- Construction of group houses
- Cleaning of streets
- Maintenance of burial grounds
- Maintenance of common lavatory facilities
4. Which are the voluntary functions of the local governments?
According to the Tamil Nadu Local Government Act passed in 1994, the following functions to be performed as voluntary functions by the local governments.
- Maintenance of street lights in the villages
- Maintenance of markets and fairs
- Implantation of trees
- Maintenance of play grounds
- Maintenance of parking vehicles, slaughter houses and cattle sheds
- Control over places of exhibition.
5. Who is the head of the District Panchayat?
One district Panchayat is constituted for every 50,000 people and the ward members are directly elected by the people. The Chairman is elected from one among its members and their term is 5 years.
6. Name the Urban local governments.
Urban Local Government
- Town Panchayat
Other Important links for 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions Guide:
Click Here to Download 9th Social Science Book Back Answers – Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Answers